Ch. 19 - A Day with Princess Peach part 1

For the remainder of the day, you avoided all your so called "friends." They didn't care about you... keeping such a dark secret from you about your fate. You didn't ever ask to be the wielder of these stupid swords! You grit your teeth, chucking the dark sword at the concrete of the garden you were sitting in. Just how many people knew about this fate of yours? You couldn't completely blame Shulk, since he couldn't control his visions. Same with Mythra, but even then... they didn't tell you when they first saw the signs. You didn't know who to trust. 

Not your sister.
Not your friends.

You began to cry, not paying mind to how loud as no one was around. What you saw during the Shulk fight... was it a vision of the future? An alternate outcome? You wanted nothing to do with the swords anymore, so you tossed the sword of light at the sword of dark, forcing them to keep far distance from you. And what was up with Aloise? She seemed to be centric within the visions. Aiding and encouraging you down this evil path. Was she not just a simple secretary for Master Hand?

What if Master Hand ... was part of this ...?

Princess Peach soon came across you on her evening stroll. Your sobs caught her attention, and she decided to approach you.

"Y/n? Are you doing alright?" She asked as she sat beside you. You looked at her, cowering a little, but didn't run off or get defensive. "Do you want to talk about it?"

Peach was in no way harmful to you, and you knew this. She kept her business in most cases, and you were certain that she wasn't in on any secrets. She was never part of your group, only someone Chrono had once asked out. Her motherly nature has helped others before you, so what was the reason not to give her a chance? You sigh, explaining everything to her. She has a thoughtful expression, eyes closed.

"That is a tough situation. There are many fighters here who use dark magic and abilities. Robin and Robynn, Joker's persona, Piranha Plant, Riku, Veronica... I think even Ganondorf uses dark powers."

Your teeth clench tighter at the mention of Ganondorf. It was almost like a second nature to want him exterminated — perhaps only because of Shulk's views on him.

"Sometimes we're unable to control these powers," Peach continues, "that's why we have our friends to help us through it. Your friends not telling you your fate was wrong and unhelpful. I agree with you there. But all power can be used for good, and for bad. They may not be as open minded as others though, and feared the worst."

You sighed. You knew Peach was right in her words. Your friends never meant to hurt you, but they still did. You couldn't just push away the pain so easily.

"Why don't you hang out with me tomorrow? I'm going to be watching all of the fights with Zelda."

You thought on it for a moment, but eventually nodded in agreement. You liked the idea, and wanted to make more friends. It's what Leo suggested. Perhaps making friends with people whose relations with you were blank slates was for the best. You needed time to process and forgive your friends for their hurtful behavior. So with that, you made your way back to the dorms with Peach, before parting ways.

————

The next morning you'd wake up extra early and get ready to leave before Veen. She was still asleep in her bed when you left, and you wanted it that way. You met up with Peach and Zelda in the mess hall, where they were eating breakfast. Waffles with fresh fruit and syrup. You decided to get the same, and enjoyed it a lot. You all talked amongst each other about the next set of fights for today, which are:

• Joker vs Pac-Man
• Birdo vs Duck Hunt Duo
• Shellsea vs Lemmy
• Luigi vs Robin
• Bayonetta vs Rayman
• Richter vs Pink Inkling
• Morton vs Corrin
• Quagsire vs Hero 4