𝘔𝘖𝘝𝘐𝘕𝘎 𝘖𝘕

THIRD PERSON POV

"episode thirteen - moving on"

TRACY BEAKER IS LEAVING THE DUMPING GROUND, AGAIN. The youngest worker had been offered the job as a writer in London. A fantastic opportunity for Tracy. Well, at least that's what Maeve thought.

The other kids had very strong feelings about this. Negative feelings.

Maeve couldn't blame them. They were being abandoned again.

Tracy continued to explain that her new article had to be about what it's like in care from our point of views. If she liked it, Tracy got her job and would leave. It's clear how this is conflicting.

"Hold on," Liam was the first to talk in the lounge of people, "You wanna leave us, but you want our help?" He stands and begins to walk to the door. "Sorry, Tracy, that sucks. You want out? Fine, go. You ain't getting my help."

It wasn't long before all the other children followed the boy out the room. Well, all but one.

Tracy looked towards Maeve. The young girl casually thrown across the sofa, trying her best to make a paper crane. Maeve looks up at Tracy, "I'll help."

As the children in the dumping ground were getting ready for bed, a range of conversations were happening. The kids with the biggest influence leading the others to come to the same conclusion as them. Do the article? Or don't do the article?

Maeve was laid on her bed, a completed paper crane sat in her hand. She felt happy with herself.

It didn't last long.

Like a smell that wouldn't go away, Maeve could sense that Liam was outside her door even before he opened it and walked in.

"Ever heard of knocking?" Maeve asked. She finds it a bit strange how she never had anyone in her room previously. But now it seemed to be quite frequently looked in by Liam O'Donovan, much to her dismay.

"As if I'd catch you doing anything remotely interesting." The boy rolled his eyes, a small dimple showing for a brief second. "What are your thoughts about Tracy's article then."

Maeve looks at him, confused. "What do you care what I think?"

"I don't." He immediately says. "Just checking you're on the right side, my side."

Maeve snorts, the crane still being twirled in her hand, "If it's your side, i'm automatically gonna assume it's the wrong side."