𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞 | 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒃𝒐𝒚 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒈𝒓𝒆𝒆𝒏 𝒆𝒚𝒆𝒔 ✍︎

🩸
𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒉𝒂𝒊𝒓 𝒊𝒔
𝒓𝒆𝒅 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒓𝒐𝒔𝒆𝒔
🌹
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

MEDITATING IN THE FOREST was and would always be the oni's favorite thing to do to pass the time. Sure, she loved chaos and destruction as well as striking terror into the hearts of humans, but a part of her longed to understand them- to be like them. It had been years since she last terrorized an unsuspecting village, a part of her missed it. Craved it even. But the other half of her kept that side under control.

The oni laid her back against the tree, her legs hanging off either side of the branch she sat on as she let out a sigh. She was currently in her true form- charcoal black skin, glowing violet eyes, two horns potruding from her head, fangs, and a pair of bat-like wings attached to her back. Her pointed ears picked up the sound of people building nearby, and her curiousity knawed at her. The oni's form flickered and in a puff of black smoke, she changed to her human appearance before hopping from branch to branch towards the source of the sound.

When she arrived, what she saw was not what she expected. Hypnobrai, one of the serpentine tribes if she recalled correctly, were working on building a tree fortress. Last she checked, snakes didn't live in trees. "What are they up to?" The oni questioned to herself underneath her breath as she jumped to the next branch, now directly above the treehouse.

Her ears, still pointed even in her human form, picked up a conversation from below her. Quietly, she listened in. "I can't believe you hypnotized one of the ninja! Does the General know?" Ninja?

"Of course not. He's been put under the control of Lloyd. But I plan to use it for my best interest." Who was this Lloyd that they spoke of? Her attention was turned to another serpentine, the general, approaching the pair.

"Everyone works while you two slack. As my second-in-command, I expect more from you, Skales."

"Yes, General." Skales said, bowing his head in respect, before speaking once more. "General, you know I am most loyal to you, but I must question this childish agenda. The ninja have stolen our staff yet you instruct your army to make this playhouse for Lloyd?" Again, who was this Lloyd? The general narrowed his gaze at Skales. The second-in-command motioned with his hand as he clarified what he meant. "Snakes don't belong in trees."

The oni watched as the general scowled, hissing in response to his second-in-command's statement. "You know better than to question my judgement, Skales. I'll pretend you didn't ask."

"Hey! If we plan to rule Ninjago from here, this elevator needs to have a trapped door!" Her gaze zeroed in on a little boy, her ears twitching as she listened to him speak. "I want more booby traps!" So that was Lloyd?

"He's a little boy.." She sniffed the air, catching his scent. "He doesn't smell human though.." Before she could even move, the branch she stood on had broken and the oni fell through the poorly built roof of the tree fortress, landing right in front of the two serpentine. She stood up and dusted off her clothing. "Well that was unfortunate.." She said, and Skales immediately grabbed her by her wrist, holding her in place. "Unhand me, you foul-"

"What should we do with her, Master Lloyd?" The general asked the little boy, who ordered that she be locked up. She smirked, and in a puff of black smoke, she vanished. The three jumped in shock at her sudden disappearance, and looked around for the oni. She appeared beside Lloyd, crossing her arms as her human form flickered slightly.