𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 | 𝒍𝒂𝒗𝒊𝒔𝒉 𝒍𝒊𝒇𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒚𝒍𝒆

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
ℎ𝑒𝑟 𝑠𝑚𝑖𝑙𝑒 𝑠ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑒𝑠
𝑙𝑖𝑘𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑠𝑢𝑛𝑙𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡
┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

PUTTING A CITY BACK together wasn't at the top of Daeva's list, hell, it wasn't on her list at all. In her many years of living, she had never had to fix a city that had been destroyed by her hands— or anyone's hands. She just moved on from one to the next, never once stopping to help.

And yet here she was, moving debris with her inhuman strength from off the ground and into the back of a dumpster truck. The citizens around her whispered amongst theirselves as they watched the young oni pick up rubble three times her size, all of them with fear and astonishment in their curious gaze.

"How can a little girl pick up all of that?"

"Is she even human?"

Daeva scoffed as she heard the conversations between the humans, her own humanish disguise flickering for a second, though it went unnoticed by the people that had been watching her curiously. She didn't blame them for being curious, because she too was a being that wanted to learn all about others and the way the world along with its inhabitants worked, without the chaos and end-of-the-world nonsense.

She was snapped from her thoughts by the sound of Kai's complaining as he tried to use his elemental ability without his golden weapon. No luck.

"Ugh, this is frustrating!" The red ninja exclaimed, kicking a piece of broken cement only to hiss in pain, earning laughter from everyone around him, including his team. "This sucks, seriously. Hell, our weapons are gone and most of our elemental powers are gone!"

Cole shrugged, seemingly already over the fact that he and his team had given up their golden weapons. "We can still do spinjitzu," the master of earth told Kai. "Plus, the city is safe thanks to Garmadon and Daeva, so I wouldn't count it as a complete loss."

The red ninja grunted, annoyed with the situation and not seeing any positives as he tried to summon a flame, only to fail again. "I just feel so.. I don't know, limited." The brunette said. "Thanks to that giant snake, our tank's out of commission, our dragon's hurt, and now the Destiny's Bounty is destroyed," he threw his arms up in exasperation. "We don't even have a place to sleep!"

Zane took off his welding helmet as he responded to his spike-haired friend. "No one ever said being a hero is easy. Though our good deeds may never make us rich, they make us rich in other ways."

"Yeah, well, I sure as hell don't feel rich." Kai retorted, crossing his arms. Daeva ignored the rest of their conversation as she spotted Lloyd nearby sitting on a lone bench in front of a store, and so she approached her blonde friend.

"Are you alright, little boy?"

Lloyd seemed to snap out of his thoughts, as if he just noticed Daeva's presence. "Huh? Yeah, I just.. I just miss him." She could tell that Garmadon's disappearance really did a number on the ten year old— yet she didn't blame the dark lord. He was fighting off the dark persisting venom as best as he could, but one could only fight it off for so long.

"He cares about you, Lloyd."

"Then why'd he leave me again?"

"I assume to go and find a way to conquer Ninjago." Daeva bluntly answered, earning a sad sigh from the boy beside her. Before either could say anything, the door to the shop swung open and a voice yelled out.

"Demon! Get away from my storefront, you vile creature!" Both children's attention turned to see the man from before— the one that complained about a few papers Zane had dropped when they were all putting up fangblade posters— holding a broom like a sword as he swung it threateningly at the young oni.