𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱 | 𝒃𝒆𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒉𝒊𝒎 ✍︎

🩸
𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒌𝒊𝒏 𝒊𝒔
𝒔𝒐𝒇𝒕 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒑𝒆𝒂𝒄𝒉𝒆𝒔
🌹
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

MORNING HAD ARRIVED AND the two children were up already, sitting on the upper deck of the flying ship in comfortable silence. Daeva had been up alone for an hour or so before Lloyd had woken up and joined her, laying his head on her shoulder as they enjoyed the rising of the warm sun. The young oni closed her eyes in content as the warmth washed over her face.

It was the little moments like this that she thought she'd never be able to fully take in, but here she was- enjoying it with her friend. The rest of the inhabitants were still asleep, thankfully, so they had no interruptions. This was, without a doubt, the best part of her day already.

"Daeva," Lloyd started, earning a questioning hum from the girl. "Can.. Can I call you 'Dae'?"
He's so precious, the angel gushed from upon her shoulder. The devil was sitting atop her head, picking at its' nails. It's fitting, the devil approved, surprisingly. Daeva wondered how exactly her two halves came to be visualized, though she'd have to wonder about that later.

"Of course you can, little boy."

-
"Dae, please!"
-

The memory of her nightmares hit her, and suddenly the warmth felt like ice on her skin. That had to be a coincidence.. right? It was only a bad dream, nothing about it was real. She kept telling herself that, in hopes that it would help yet it didn't. Lloyd seemed to sense her discomfort, and squeezed her hand three times- a silent 'are you okay?'.

"My dream," she spoke, and Lloyd waited for her to continue. "You called me that before I.. I killed you."

Lloyd's expression didn't change, instead he wrapped his arms around her and hugged her tightly. He knew she was scared- scared of herself. "Dae, I promise, that was only a nightmare. I'm still here." He whispered, tightening his grasp on her before letting go of the young oni slowly. She was thankful for him, truly. How far she had come in the span of two weeks was astonishing, to put it simply. Lloyd really helped her to enjoy the world and its' creations.

The two children sat there, leaning against one another as they continued to watch the morning sun in all its' glory, unaware that they were being watched by someone who found the sight adorable.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Ten minutes! He just broke his own record!" Kai exclaimed, holding a stopwatch as the other ninja plus Daeva and Lloyd stood around him. "The guy's inhuman!" Probably so, she assumed. His scent, as she had noticed over time, wasn't like any human she had ever come across. Nor was it similiar to Lloyd and Wu. He was an odd one.

A few hours had passed by since earlier that morning when her and Lloyd were alone, and she missed it already. The silence and the warmth, she craved it in a way that part of her craved violence- though she was good about keeping it silent and unheard. The devil and angel were nowhere to be seen, surprisingly, though she didn't mind. It was less talking in her ears, thankfully.

The white ninja resurfaced from the ocean, looking up at his friends as they cheered for him. The little Garmadon cheered as well, while Daeva only gave a smile and patted Zane's shoulder as he got back on the ship.

"Amazing!" Cole congratulated.

Zane tilted his head with a questioning gaze as he twisted the ends of his upper gi, squeezing all the water out. "I broke the record?"