𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 | 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒄𝒐𝒍𝒐𝒓 𝒐𝒇 𝒃𝒆𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒚𝒂𝒍 ✍︎

🩸
𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒊𝒔
𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒐𝒄𝒆𝒂𝒏
🌹
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

ANOTHER DAY HAD PASSED BY and the tribe- led by Lloyd and Daeva- encountered the Hypnobrai, who were prepared to go to war. As much as Daeva wanted to see how this would end, she didn't want Lloyd to get hurt. Over the past few days, she had grown to care for the boy. Call it dumb but, she felt a.. connection with him.

The dream that she had was still fresh in her mind, and no matter how hard she tried to think of something else, it always came back. Was it a sign, of something far worse to come? More importantly, was there any way to prevent it from happening?

Daeva was pulled from her thoughts by Lloyd commanding the general to attack the Hypnobrai, who in turn ordered his tribe to attack. However, that didn't last long due to the two generals apparently being.. friends.

Lloyd held a look of confusion, staring at the two generals. "Wait, I thought you were enemies, not friends!"

"We were at war. But seeing that Skales is now leading them, well, I don't see why we can't be comrades." Fang explained, both heads grinning.

Skales nodded. "Have you released the Constrictai, the Venomari, or heaven forbid the Anacondrai, then we would've had a tussle." Well, that was a bummer. Daeva watched as her friend threw a small tantrum, before Skales turned to look at her. "I see that you're still helping the boy."

The oni crossed her arms. "He's my friend. Of course I'd help him," she leaned in close to the Hypnobrai general. "So don't try anything." She didn't know what had come over her, but she wasn't fighting against it. Skales let out a scoff, amused by her protectiveness over the boy that she had known for only a few days. She grabbed Lloyd's hand, interrupting his little tantrum before leaving the two tribes. She could tell that the generals were thinking of either hypnotising or biting the boy, so she needed to get him away from there, despite Lloyd's protests.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

The two trekked through the sea of sand, hours having passed since they left the two tribes. Lloyd was busy ranting and mocking Skales, whilst Daeva just sighed and took the map from Lloyd's hands to see where the next tomb was- even though she knew that it wouldn't end well for them.

"''Had you released the Constrictai, the Venomari, or heaven forbid the Anacondrai, then we would've had a tussle''." Lloyd mocked, kicking his foot into the sand, causing it to fly up and get all over his hoodie. "Damn them!" He shouted, frustrated. Daeva looked up from the map in shock.

"Did you just say 'damn'?"

"Yeah, so what?"

She should've expected that. He had no parental figure and was trying to become Ninjago's dark ruler, of course he'd curse. Lloyd took the map back and studied it intently before looking up at a large stone sculpture, resembling a snake's fang.

"We found it!" Lloyd exclaimed, running up to the tomb entrance followed by Daeva. "The Anacondrai. The most feared and powerful Serpentine of them all. And if they're afraid of the Anacondrai, then the Anacondrai is what they're gonna get!" Daeva had a terrible feeling about this, it was conflicting with the part of her that wished for chaos to ensure.

"Be careful, little boy." She said as he opened the tomb.

"Yeah, yeah.." The blonde boy replied, brushing off her concern as they entered the tomb together. Lloyd switched on his flashlight, shining it around at all the snake skeletons. She could tell that her friend was afraid yet he didn't show it. Though, before she could voice her worries, a new scent filled her nostrils and quickly she jumped in front of Lloyd to protect him. The scent revealed itself to be the only living anacondrai, causing Lloyd to let out a shout of fear.