𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 | 𝒔𝒏𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝒊𝒔𝒔𝒖𝒆𝒔 ✍︎

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
ℎ𝑒𝑟 𝑚𝑖𝑛𝑑 𝑖𝑠 𝑖𝑛
𝑐𝑜𝑛𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑛𝑡 𝑡𝑢𝑟𝑚𝑜𝑖𝑙
┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

THE DESTINY'S BOUNTY rocked side to side as it flew through a storm, not giving any of its inhabitants a moment of peace as they sat at the table in the dining room, trying to eat through the disturbance whilst keeping watch on the fangblades.

Nya tilted her head, wondering outloud. "Why is it that Torchfire Mountain is the only place we can destroy the fangblades?" Daeva wanted to know as well, seeing as it was odd that it had to be a very specific volcano. She shuddered at the thought of the unforgiving heat, remembering in full detail how the lava at the Temple of Fire burned through her flesh as she shielded Lloyd from it the best she could.

"Because the fangblades are made from the original teeth of the devourer. They're so strong they can only break down in extraordinary heat." Kai answered as the oni stood up from the table. "Where are you going?" The red ninja asked.

"To go see what Lloyd's up to." Daeva said, causing Jay to pipe up with a grin.

"Speaking of Lloyd, heh, who would've guessed that he'd be the green ninja?" Me, she thought. Her dreams- or rather, nightmares, had shown her several times that Lloyd was the green ninja. Older, sure, but it was still him in her mind, scent and all. She thought back to the other dream she had, the one with a different shade of green- darker and full of mystery. She couldn't remember any of it other than the color, much to her displeasure.

Daeva left the dining room and, following her senses, she found her best friend in the training room.. making a fool of himself. That wasn't the only thing her senses picked up though, she could smell an intruder. One who's scent burned her nostrils and fueled her hatred, and the only one who could achieve that was-

"Pythor!" She hissed through gritted teeth as the serpent revealed himself with a dark chuckle, and Lloyd gasped as he stopped in his movements.

"Ah, the joke and the mistake." He said with a grin as he slithered closer to the two as Daeva stood in front of her best friend protectively. "The boy who chases stupid dreams," the violet snake hissed with amusement in his tone before turning his attention to the redhead. "And the girl who hides her true nature. An interesting duo, I must say."

Lloyd narrowed his emerald gaze at the violet snake as he pointed at Pythor. "How did you get on board?" The anacondrai chuckled darkly as he moved to pick the boy up, and before Daeva could react, the serpent's long tail wrapped around her and held her tightly in place.

"You think I would allow those pesky ninja to steal the fangblades from me? Hm, think again children." He picked Lloyd up as Daeva struggled in the snake's tightening grip.

"Let us go, you piece of shi-!" Daeva's voice cut off as Pythor's tail began to tighten around her throat, causing her to choke and gasp for air. Lloyd fought against the anacondrai's strong hold on him as Pythor pulled out a roll of duct tape and taped the boy to a punching bag.

"You'll never get away with thi- mmf!" Lloyd was silenced by the violet snake putting a rather large piece of tape over the boy's mouth, earning a glare from the blonde.

"Oh, I'm not worried. As they say, out of sight, out of mind." He chuckled once more before vanishing into thin air, and Daeva fell to the floor in a coughing fit as she tried to regain her breath. That maniac snake needed to be stopped as soon as possible.

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

The ninja stood out on the deck of the ship, each holding a fangblade. Jay fanned his face with his free hand, burning up from the heat of the volcanic mountain.