𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨 | 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒋𝒖𝒏𝒌𝒚𝒂𝒓𝒅 𝒇𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 ✍︎

🩸
𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒆𝒚𝒆𝒔 𝒂𝒓𝒆
𝒃𝒓𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒗𝒊𝒐𝒍𝒆𝒕𝒔
🌹
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

THE NEXT TOMB THAT THEY opened was the Fangpyre tribe, which had been located in the cemetery of souls. After the incident with the first tribe, Daeva had a feeling in her gut that this would end in the same way, for Lloyd atleast. She could practically smell the betrayal that had yet to come. Daeva chose to ignore it for Lloyd, who seemed ecstatic that the tribe was so ready to help the blonde boy.

Currently they were in what seemed to be a junkyard of sorts, after trapping an elderly couple in a broken refridgerator once they were bitten. Daeva and Lloyd watched as the serpentine bit different creations, turning them into an army. Lloyd was fascinated by how their venom could change things into snakelike vehicles.

Daeva didn't find it all that exciting to watch, as she had seen many things in her hundred and eleven years of living. The oni's human form flickered before she turned her attention to Lloyd, who let out a small yawn. "Tired?" She questioned the boy, who shook his head in denial.

"Nope, not at all!" Lies.

Daeva couldn't understand what caused her to care about his wellbeing so suddenly, but she picked him up despite his protests- much to the amusement of the serpentine- and set him down on the seat of a serpentine vehicle. "Sleep, little boy." She told him, and turned to leave. Before she could exit the vehicle, Daeva felt Lloyd grab her hand. Confused, the oni turned her attention back to him.

"Can you stay with me..?"

The part of Daeva that she kept under control laughed in her mind, telling her to abandon the little boy but.. the other part told her to stay. What was this boy doing to her? Sure, she agreed to be his friend but, she was still unfamiliar with these feelings.

"Sure." She responded, and sat beside Lloyd. He moved towards her and layed his head on her lap, letting out another soft yawn as he closed his eyes, quickly falling asleep. Daeva layed her head against the seat she sat in, trying to clear her running mind so she could get atleast a little rest before tomorrow. It wasn't long before she closed her eyes and found herself falling into a deep sleep.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"..va.. Daeva!" Her eyes shot open, violet hues glancing around at the scene before her. A city in ruin, people screaming in terror as they ran and tried to hide from whatever terrorized them. What was going on? What was this place? "Daeva!" She turned her gaze to whoever called out her name, and saw a boy in green. A ninja.

She sniffed the air, and the unforgettable scent of her friend filled her nostrils. Lloyd, but older. Why was he dressed like those colorful ninja? She tried to answer him, but found that she couldn't. Instead of saying what she wanted to say, her voice acted against her will.

"This is it, little boy. You will perish just like your friends!" What? She had no control over her body as it moved on its own, her hand reaching for a blade that was strapped to her thigh before rushing towards Lloyd as another voice spoke.

"Do it, oni. Kill the green ninja." No.. she tried to refuse the order, but it was like her body was a puppet, obeying the master that pulled her strings.

Lloyd had a look of terror on his face as Daeva grabbed him by his neck, lifting the boy up into the air with one hand and holding the blade with her other hand. The boy had tears in his eyes as he tried to get through to her. "Dae, please! Don't listen to her! We're friends, remember?" She wanted to tell him that she wasn't going to hurt him, but she couldn't do anything other than watch through her eyes.