𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞 | 𝒈𝒐𝒐𝒅 𝒊𝒏 𝒈𝒓𝒆𝒆𝒏 ✍︎

[[a/n:: i decided
to continue this
book, and make
the other one a
different oc book.
the new one will
be an oc x cole ff.]]
┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒅𝒔 𝒂𝒓𝒆
𝒇𝒖𝒍𝒍 𝒐𝒇 𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒐𝒎
𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒂 𝒔𝒏𝒂𝒌𝒆 . .
┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

DAEVA SAT IN HER AND LLOYD'S shared bed, crosslegged with her hands positioned over her knees, palms facing towards the ceiling. Her eyes were closed as she hummed with concentration, trying to meditate through the annoying shouts of a certain red ninja that came from the other room.

It had been a few days since she had last meditated, and her mind desperately needed a release from the growing migraine that Daeva was getting the longer she spent around those four colorcoded fools. Mainly Jay, as his loudness certainly did a number on her sensitive hearing.

The oni kept her eyes closed as she let out a low growl, her peace being interrupted once more by the master of fire. Daeva nearly lept out of the bed with frustration, her violet eyes open and narrowed as she made her way out of the room.

Wu's room was only two doors down from her and Lloyd's, and that's where she found the other three ninja with Lloyd in tow as they laughed and picked at the master of fire before Zane voiced that Kai shouldn't be wearing the green gi. Why was he wearing it to begin with, she wondered quietly as she stood beside Lloyd, who was the first to notice her appearance.

"Dae!" He shouted with a smile, reaching for her hand which she let him hold. The other three ninja greeted her as Kai groaned, not liking that yet another person had seen him act like a moron— though she hardly saw anything, only heard.

"Great, Lloyd's little girlfriend is here." The brunette said. Again, that word. That title. Why did the ninja insist on calling her that? Was there some deeper meaning to it other than what her best and only friend had told her?

"I live here, Kai."

"Kai," started Zane as he tried to voice his concern once more about the green gi that wasn't supposed to be worn by anyone other than the chosen one. Yeah, Daeva only knew because of the ninja making it into a competition. "Sensei will certainly not be pleased if—"

Kai shrugged off Zane's concern as he picked at the gi's belt. "I know, I know.. But I thought if I just tried it on, it might help me see my true potential."

"Or a true embarrassment." Said Daeva, causing the other three ninja to chuckle in agreement as Lloyd snorted, trying to conceal his laughter.

Her attention was snagged from the group as she sniffed the air, two strong scents filling her nose. Both a mix of oni and dragon, both very powerful. She knew that one of the scents belonged to Wu, and the other... it had to be someone related to Wu. She could pratically taste the similarities in the air.

"Hello? I'm home." The three ninja gave a yell of excitement as they rushed out of Wu's room to go and greet their sensei, while Kai hurriedly changed back into his red gi. Lloyd pulled on Daeva's hand, and she followed him above deck to where the others were greeting the old sensei.

"It's so good to be home." Wu said with a smile as Lloyd let go of Daeva's hand to hug his uncle. The oni stood to the side, before Wu turned to greet her as well. "Daeva, I trust that things went well?" Well, aside from nearly getting crushed by a crate and losing the fangblade that they had won in a silly talent show to the worst of all snakes— Pythor. She somewhat blamed herself for it, as she was the one that had it at the time before Pythor had snatched it from her.