𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐞𝐧 | 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒔𝒉𝒆 𝒆𝒙𝒑𝒆𝒄𝒕𝒆𝒅 ✍︎

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
ℎ𝑒𝑟 ℎ𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑡 𝑖𝑠
𝑓𝑢𝑙𝑙 𝑜𝑓 𝑝𝑎𝑖𝑛 .
┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

FINDING A STRAY SERPENTINE in the middle of Ninjago city was no easy feat, but with Daeva's excellent sense of smell, the team had cornered the venomari within an alleyway.

At first, the ninja were skeptical of letting Daeva join them— due to her body still healing from the severe burns and injuries that her true form suffered, but eventually agreed to let her help them after Nya retreated her wounds. The oni, after revealing herself, had assumed the worst but yet.. she was still living with them. Of course, everyone save for the two elderly brothers were curious about her and what she was, and she had answered their questions with honesty; she was an oni, a creature made for destruction, fear and hatred.

Destruction, fear and hatred, the three main things that circulated in her blood. She couldn't escape it, nor could she stop it.. but she could hide it. For weeks now, she had done good on keeping those three traits hidden deep beneath her flesh, in the farthest regions of her beating heart as to not scare off the ones she lived with.

Oh, how far the redhead had come since she had first met the boy with the green eyes that switched to red every so often. Daeva could hardly believe it but, she was changing for the better. Her two halves still existed, and she still felt the pull towards creating havoc, but she held back.

Her body ached as the ninja, Leissa, Nyoka and herself cornered the snake known as Spitta.

Cole smirked as he held up his golden scythe, staring down at the shorter venomari. "Going somewhere?" He asked rhetorically. Spitta held a look of fright as he tried to find an escape.

"Thought you could joyride through town and not be noticed, huh?" Said the blue ninja as he pointed his nunchucks at the venomari. "Where's the last fangblade?"

Spitta bit back a smile as he answered. "I don't know what you're talking about, ninja."

"Yes, you do." Daeva retorted, walking forward as the group parted to let her through. She stopped right in front of the serpent, peering down at the snake that was on the ground. "Where is it?"

"You expect me to answer a kid?"

"I expect you to answer regardless of what I am." She said, her form flickering and, for a second or two, the serpentine could've sworn that he had stared death in the face as his eyes widened.

"You— You're that oni that Pythor talked about!" Spitta shouted with fear as he tried to scoot away, but Daeva's stare froze him on the spot. The ninja and the other two serpentine watched as Daeva spoke to the venomari, who seemed to get paler by the second.

"Where is Pythor?"

"I can't tell you, he'll have me killed or exiled!"

Leissa stepped forward, with Nyoka holding onto her scaled hand as she spoke. "Spitta," she hissed out, and Daeva knew that the venomari woman wanted to offer her help to the one that seemed afraid to go against the anacondrai's orders. "Do you not understand that Pythor plans on destroying this world and everything within it? We can protect you if you tell the ninja where he is."

Spitta looked between the oni, who stared him down with an unreadable expression, and Leissa, who waited on his response. Finally, he sighed and gave his answer. "He's already on the way to the last fangblade, probably already digging it up. You'll never be able to catch up to him in time."