𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 | 𝒅𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒔𝒆𝒓𝒑𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒆 ✍︎

🩸
𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒇𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒔 𝒂𝒓𝒆
𝒔𝒉𝒂𝒓𝒑 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒓𝒂𝒛𝒐𝒓𝒔
🌹
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

THE NEXT DAY CAME QUICK, though Daeva wished it hadn't. She, for once, had a pleasant dream and hadn't wanted it to end as quick as it did. Surprisingly, her blonde friend wasn't the subject of her latest dream. Instead, her dream consisted of a windy wheat field and.. someone. Who? She had no idea. But one little detail stuck out to her- Green. Though, it wasn't green like the grass on a sunny hill.. it was a dark green, like an endless maze of pine trees. Weird.

Daeva's attention was brought back to Nya as the noirette removed the blanket that had been draped over a fangpyre skeleton. As fascinating as it was, the oni felt like it was disrespectful to have dug up the bones of a dead serpentine. Nevertheless, she made no comment about it. Lloyd, on the otherhand, was eyeing the skeleton with a curious yet alarmed look in his emerald eyes.

"-cells into reptilian, I've learned there could be a way to stop the effects without having to create an antivenom." Daeva was amazed by how smart the girl was, and from the looks of it.. it appeared Jay was too. Is that why his hair looks so weird, asked the little devil on her shoulder. She nearly laughed out loud at the silent question, and had to bite her lip to keep quiet.

"If one is able to wildly raise their heart rate, hypothetically it could reverse the venom's effects." Kai's sister stated as her cheeks began to turn pink. Daeva frowned, sensing that something was wrong with the girl. "Resulting in...diminished.. uh, excuse me, is someone wearing perfume? I'm severely allergic to perfume." Everyone looked at Daeva.

The young oni shook her head as Nya asked her about it. "No, I have no need for 'perfume'."

Kai laughed. "Yeah, except to impress your boyfriend." The other ninja snickered at his words, but Daeva just shrugged it off. Lloyd had already explained to her what that meant, and she was quite sure that the blonde boy was not her boyfriend. They were just.. friends.

"If anyone's trying to impress anyone, then it'd be Jay." The blue ninja shrunk in his seat as the attention was now on him as Daeva continued to speak. "I'm serious, I have never seen any living being stare at a love interest like he does." Truthfully, she had never seen anyone be in love. She herself had never been in love, and she didn't grow up around it either. Granted, she was still a child and she was around much better company now, but it was all still new to her.

The other ninja and Lloyd laughed whilst Jay tried to shrink out of existence and Nya just stood there, unamused. Daeva didn't blame her, nothing about this situation was amusing in the slightest. I guess this is what makes girls different from boys, the angel whispered in her ear.

The ninja- minus Jay- stood up and left the bridge to go about their business, leaving Daeva, Lloyd, Jay and Nya. The master of lightning tried to signal to them to go, and the young oni let out a quiet sigh before gently grabbing Lloyd's hand and leading the boy out of the room.

"Awh! Aren't they just so cute together?" She heard Nya squeal, and she could imagine the noirette flailing her hands with happiness as she spoke. Beside her, Lloyd gagged and made a face. It was then that she understood the meaning of what Nya had said, but Daeva didn't make the noises that Lloyd did. Instead, she simply hummed and lead him back to their shared room.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
"Mega Monster Amusement Park?"

"Yeah! We could go have fun while the ninja deal with the serpentine!"

Lloyd was teeming with excitement, wanting so badly for Daeva to agree with him. This whole idea of his had come from overhearing the ninja talk about the snake people being there, and from him being just plain bored. The young oni twirled some of her red hair around her index finger as she thought about it. Sure, it'd be fun and all.. but the serpentine were there. What if something happened? You're capable of protecting him, said the angel, you should go. The devil agreed as it lazed upon her right shoulder whereas the angel sat crosslegged on her left.