𝐟𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞 | 𝒏𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒎𝒂𝒓𝒆𝒔 ✍︎

a/n:: this is a
filler chapter,
this originally
was gonna be
chapter five but
i decided to make
it a filler instead
while the fifth
is being made :D
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

THE SCENT OF A CITY ON FIRE filled Daeva's nostrils, and the sounds of panicked fearful screams hit her ears. All around her was a city in ruin.. a city no more. She felt as if she had seen this before, perhaps in a dream.

"Look at them.. running like the vermin they are." A voice said from beside her, and she tried to turn her head to see who this unfamiliar voice belonged to, but found that she couldn't control any part of her. The owner of the voice leaned closer to her ear, whispering orders. Orders to.. kill.

The voice sounded awfully comforting, and she couldn't help but lean towards the comfort as if it were controlling her. Daeva tried to force her body away, but she couldn't.

"My sweet little ball of chaos.." The voice spoke, and she felt the voice place their hand on her shoulder, rubbing it soothingly. "Isn't this city beautiful now? Look at how they all fear you, does it not taste wonderful?" No, it most certainly did not. But instead of saying no, her voice answered with agreement. "Show them the real you.."

Daeva felt her human image slip away and in a puff of black smoke, her true form was revealed. Charcoal black skin that glimmered in the light of the blazing fire around them, two black horns potruding from her head, and a pair of black bat-like wings attached to her bare back. Her true appearance had little clothing, only covering the necessary bits.

Her senses were heightened in her true form, and she could smell an unforgettable scent heading her way. Daeva let out a low growl, her body dropping low to the ground like a predator preparing to attack its' prey. The voice beside her let out a dark chuckle as someone stepped into view from behind a fallen building. A ninja- the green ninja, Lloyd Garmadon.

"Dae!" He called out to her.

"She is no longer your pet, half-breed!" The voice said, before letting out a menacing laugh. "Show him what you're capable of, show him why you should be feared!" No no no! She didn't want to hurt him! Daeva struggled to fight against her body acting against her will, but to no avail. The pureblooded oni let out a growl, her violet eyes darkening before jumping into the air and with a few flaps of her wings, she landed on the green ninja, bringing him down to the cemented ground.

"Daeva, please- Agh!" Lloyd let out a pained shout as the oni, against her own control, bit down into his flesh and tore a chunk off with her elongated fangs, blood immediately beginning to pour from his new wound. Daeva was screaming- hidden within the depths of her mind- hoping that all of this was a bad dream though she had nothing to prove it with. The oni was without control as her body obeyed the orders of the mysterious yet comforting voice, tearing into the boy's arm.

"Good.. now be done with him, my darling ruby." She obeyed, moving from his arm towards his neck.. fangs bared and low inhuman growls erupting from her throat as her teeth neared his throat. Closer.. and closer.. Daeva used every bit of her willpower to scream at the top of her lungs.

"NO!" She was shocked to see that her body stopped, frozen in place from her own command. The voice echoed around her as it spoke, sending her chills.

"Wake up." The mysterious voice commanded, and Daeva became aware of her surroundings. This was only a dream.. a bad dream and she just needed to wake up. "Wake up wake up wake up." The Lloyd beneath her began to chant as well, and everything began to blur together as the figure of Lloyd dissipated from under her into nothingness.