Chapter 1

I had the same dream again, the same one I haven't had in over a month.

I woke up from my nap five minutes ago on the sofa and have been sat in the same position staring at the wall, trying to piece together my dream, which something new had happened.

The man in my dream, who I could never understand or hear what he was saying, finally reached my ears, and the words he said are still playing over and over in my head.

'I found you'

I knew I shouldn't have taken a nap, whenever something I overly think about, like that tall handsome man from earlier, I can't help but have that dream, that dream that had haunted me for years.

Was I really losing my mind here? Was I in danger to myself and other people?

I've spoken to doctors, therapists, and psychologists and not one can explain what is happening to me, they all just say I'm stressed, and still feeling the effects from that night, seven years ago.

I didn't feel stressed, and I hardly ever thought about that night, only the man with bright yellow eyes, because he made it all seem alright, and not so traumatic as everyone keeps saying to me.

There was a high chance my medication was off, I was taking multiple pills a day to have me sleep, and function but they never really had a lasting effect on me.

I needed to get out of this apartment, and chance the scenery, it always helps to be around other people, and luckily for me, tonight I was going out with Auster.

Despite Auster being incredibly overdramatic, he was a popular guy with a lot of friends, he immediately took me under his wing the moment we met on his first day, and since then he's always invited me to gatherings and parties on the beach.

Auster made me feel normal, being around him made me feel like just another girl in the crowd, a happy, healthy girl with so much to live for.

Tonight, was Auster's best friend's birthday party, they'd gotten a permit to have a party on the beach, given that his best friend's dad was high on the food chain made it all the easier.

Meaning, the guy was rich, so he got away with everything.

Auster's friends were from another planet, with parents, happy childhoods, money in the bank and not a single worry about food, or clothes or if you're going to pay the rent on time.

They all lived in this bubble, and I was just on the outside, looking in.

It wasn't all that bad though, I got free drinks and free food, it was one of those times I didn't care about how lucky they were, because in that moment everyone is too drunk to even care who you are, neverminded judge you.

My phone started ringing and I saw Auster's name, he was video calling me.

Answering it, I see Auster and then I see he's already at the beach, with other people.

"Hey girly, are you ready yet?" He asked, smiling widely down into the camera.

"What time is it?" I frown out, before looking at the time on my phone.

"Shit!" I got up from the sofa and went into my bedroom. "I'm so sorry, I fell asleep on the sofa, I think the sun just hit me you know?"

"You're still coming though, right?" I could hear him say as I left my phone on the bed.

I quickly took of my shorts and then my tank top as I slipped a summery dress over my head, a spaghetti strap flowery dress I had bought on sale a few days ago for tonight.