Chapter 20

I sat alone outside on Damen's parent's porch, we had got here thirty minutes ago, and since then it's been quiet, and Damien had been inside with some of his other pack members.

I sipped my fresh orange juice and stared out at the field in front of me as I thought about how strange not only today has been, but how strange things have been since I met Damien Wilder.

His world was insanely dangerous and just by being mated to him, I now shared this responsibility he carried by being his packs Alpha, and therefore any danger to him was now a danger to me.

"Aelia, are you hungry dear?" Grace asks me, coming outside, I shook my head.

I couldn't eat, not when I was so nervous and anxious from Damien not telling me anything else.

"What's going on Grace?" I ask her as she sits beside me, with a guilty smile on her face. "Damien hasn't said anything since we got here."

"If this... guy is coming for me now, don't I have a right to know what the plan is?"

"Of-course you do dear, but he's always been like this, even as a pup, he's taken everything on himself to avoid others getting hurt." She sighed out, as he looked at her hands on her lap.

"Damien's father, my Elijah was and is just the same, they're stubborn wolves but give him time, the stubborn ones always see reason when women knock some sense into them."

Grace chuckled as I smiled along with her, hoping that she's right and Damien does tell me what's going on and what the plan was, or else I might go insane here.

Could I even go back to my apartment with this crazy Alpha in town? I guess probably not.

"Oh." Grace suddenly says, making me jump. "I didn't mean to scare you dear, it's just that they're don-"

"Who's scared?" A deep voice says, making me turn around to the back doorway.

Damien.

"What's the plan? Can I go home?" I ask, getting up from my seat and walk over to him.

"Not until he's been arrested and escorted out of pack lands, it's too dangerous." He said as my heart sank.

"H-How long do you think it will take for you to track him down?"

Damien looks at his mom then she suddenly gets up from her seat and smiles as she passes me, before she heads back inside the house, closing the door behind her.

"I have wolves out looking for him right now Aelia, but until he's found I won't put you in harm's way." He stated, no room for argument as he stepped off the porch. "He's not going to just leave us alone unless I make him stop."

Make him stop? What was Damien thinking of doing to him? "So, you're just going to kill him?" I walked after him as he started walking around the farmhouse to where the truck was, down the path.

"If that's what I need to do to keep you safe, yes."

"What if you just spoke to him? That way nobody gets hur-" Damien stopped walking and I walked into him, hitting my nose on his hard back.

Ouch- "Aelia, I've killed his only sons, In his eyes I've humiliated him, he has nothing to live for with his mate dead, those that still follow him are loyal and will do anything he asks them to." He snapped out, his voice loud with authority.

"I won't put your life in danger because of something I've done."

Damien had never rose his voice to me before, it felt like he was berating a child as he spoke to me, I knew he was scared but he was pushing me away, and that's not going to help either of us right now.