Chapter 16

Being around Damien felt so right, despite us being 15 years apart.

The more we talked, not just about how things were in his pack, but about his interests, hobbies, the foods he liked, the foods he didn't like, I saw just how similar we were, even though we were completely different people.

"What about cake?" I ask Damien, as I cuddled into his side as we watch 17 again, the movie.

When I chose the movie, unlike Auster who complained all the way through, Damien just shrugged and sat and watched with me, sure he looked bored and I might have seen him roll his eye once, but he didn't say a word unless I did.

"I'm not fond of sweet things, but I like pastries." He said as I grinned.

"It's so weird." I thought the same. "Cakes are not bad but I'd kill everyone in the room to get the last bear claw, they're my favourite, hands down!"

Damien chuckled huskily, his chest rumbling, making me smile at how much I enjoyed being close to him like this, with his arm around me, both of us just lying in my bed and watching stupid movies together.

My phone starts ringing on the bedside table, Damien reached out and grabs it to hand it to me, not before looking to see who was calling me, and once he saw who it was, I noticed his mood shift.

Auster was calling.

Now that I think about it, I was meant to call him tonight, and I completely forgot because Damien showed up out of nowhere and dropped a bomb of truth on me, and now we're in bed.

"Sorry." I sit up and grab the phone off him. "I was meant to call him, I'll be right back."

Damien's eyes hardened as I tiptoed across the bedroom and closed the door behind me, answering the phone call.

"Auster-"

"Aelia?" He shouted out, as loud music played in the background. "Can you hear me?"

Auster was probably in a club right now, the sound of people laughing, and the party music made me believe I was right when I heard a glass smash and everyone cheer, that and he was slurring some of his words.

"Hey, what's up?" I asked, smiling as I walked into the kitchen for a glass of water. "Are you drunk right now?"

"Nuh uh, I had maybe.... six... no seven shots, but I'm totally cool, maybe a little but I can still call you like a pro!" He joked, mumbling his words before laughing out.

"You should come out, the drinks will be on me!"

I definitely didn't want to go out, I was never a party girl, and I rarely drank alcohol, and from the sounds of it, Auster was having fun without me, and I didn't want to leave Damien, I'd rather be here then surrounded by Auster's friends.

"Not tonight." I said, making him groan out loudly.

"Why?" I could barely hear him from the music. "Are you with someone or something?"

Damn... this is where I felt terrible but then I thought about everything Damien told me today, how Auster was part of his pack, and a werewolf.

From what Damien told me, the Alpha is the leader, the big boss that everyone follows because he's stronger, so as soon as he said Auster was a werewolf, I didn't bring up the fact that Auster had talked bad about Damien.

He even said he wasn't good for me, and made him look like a womanizer, and I knew that if I told Damien, there's no saying how he'd react, as he's already being very clingy, and showing possessive Alpha signs around me.