Chapter 13

I felt humiliated.

Damien's dad Elijah had dropped me off thirty minutes ago, and since then I've had time to think about everything that has happened the past two days.

I was thankful Elijah didn't ask me anything, he gave me space and just drove me back home, and it became obvious that the further I got from Damien, the more I wanted to cry.

My muscles were still sore, but I could walk, and having gone through the traumatic feeling of losing all control of my body not just an hour ago, I felt better away from Damien, even if I cried at just the thought of him.

Damien didn't humiliate me though, that was all me, as I shamelessly flung myself on him like a desperate lovesick teen without questioning anything, without taking it slow to learn about who he was.

He said going to this party would be a good chance to know the real him, I just didn't think it would turn out this way.

A werewolf.

Of-course I thought he was just messing with me, but there was no denying it as soon as he showed me his 'real' eyes, that were so inhuman, and so animal-like, unlike anything I have seen before.

Only I had seen it before, Damien was the one that saved my life seven years ago in a house fire, that was him all this time and I didn't have a clue, I never even thought it might be him, I thought I had imagined it, which is why doctors put me on medication.

What a damn joke I feel like now, medication for what? What was I even taking them for anymore?

I was right, I didn't go crazy because it really happened.

It was all starting to make sense the more I sat there in my apartment, going over every time Damien said to me the last two days.

Everything he said was was a sign I ignored, like when his body tensed when he asked if his age bothered me, or when he asked if I had dated Auster before, there was so much I now realize that Damien wasn't who I thought he was.

Mates... I didn't even know what that was, my hands were shaking so much when I googled 'werewolf mates' and if it was anything like what I found, I was even more nervous and scared of Damien, because this didn't sound like he cared about me.

It was almost like he didn't have a choice, he was forced to feel attraction towards me.

It's probably why he said he felt regret leaving me seven years ago, I was a child, and he was a 26, already an adult who just learned he had a child mate, of-course anyone would be disgusted by that, and I'm sure he felt that way.

I have all this information now, I don't know what to do with it, I was scared to leave my apartment encase I ran into him, but it wasn't because I was scared of him, it was his world, it was only a story until an hour ago, now it's my reality.

I stayed inside my apartment the entire weekend, I had food delivered and lived on pizza as I cried myself to sleep, come Monday I did not want to go to work, I just wanted to stay home and hide from everything and everyone.

Auster's brother Aaron had tried to get in contact with me a few times, he had rung me twice and knocked on my door Sunday morning, and I know he was worried about me, but I couldn't let anyone see me like this, it'd only make me feel worse.

The walk to work was nerve wrecking, I had a junior swim lesson today I was teaching so I knew I would run into him eventually, still- I wanted to avoid him, I was not ready to face him and deal with whatever this was.

Close to the pool, I instantly saw Damien standing out front with a group of girls probably my age talking to him, it almost broke my heart seeing him near them, but I couldn't bring myself to walk past him and act normal.