Chapter 8

"Were you spying on us?" I couldn't recognize my voice as I looked at him, his cheek twitching.

"I came to find you, because you were taking too long." He said defensively. "Then I saw you then I saw him... what the fuck Aelia?"

"Are you dating him or something?" He asked, looking at me angrily.

He looked angry... but I should be the angry one, he stood and listened to our private conversation and now he was yelling at me for something that had nothing to do with him.

He was making me fool as though what I did was wrong, when he didn't even know anything about him.

"This has nothing to do with you Auster." I moved past him and walked onto the beach, but he followed and walked beside me.

"Like hell it does, what is he, like, in his 30s?" He yelled out, making heads of people sunbathing on the beach turn to look at us.

I ignored him and walked over to my lifeguard chair, but Auster grabbed my roughly by the arm and pulled me to a stop, making me turn and glare at him.

"Don't touch me!" I pulled my arm back from his hold, and took a deep breathe as I tried to calm my nerves and anxiety from swirling out of control with how people were actively listened in on us.

"Go away Auster, I'm not talking to you about this." I told him, but he didn't back down.

"It's disgusting!" He snapped out. "He's clearly taking advantage of you, and you're too blind to see it because what- he's good looking? He's obviously just playing with you because he's bored!"

I didn't want to hear this, this wasn't who Damien was, and it wasn't what I thought about him, if anything he was interesting, beautiful and caring, I didn't like him for his face or how he looked, he made me feel happy.

What was so wrong about me being happy? Age didn't bother me, so what if he was older then me? I was eighteen, and not some child for him to yell at as he pleased.

Auster was out of line, and I was tired of him trying to justify my actions.

"Jealousy doesn't suit you Auster, and yelling at me isn't going to make you feel better!" I snap out, before I could think about what I just said.

He looked taken back as his face twisted before looking away from me, he sighed out heavily and rubbed his face with both hands as I start to feel like crap for what I just said.

"You're right." He said quietly. "I waited too long and I should've asked you out."

He turned to face me and I could tell where this was going from the look in his eye, and that's when I see for myself that Damien was right about Auster.

"You know me Aelia, do you even know anything about that guy?" He asks, more calmly as he sighs out again.

"He showed up out of nowhere and now he's sniffing around you, don't you think that's weird?"

This was ridiculous, he was now trying to make it seem like Damien was some kind of weird stalker, just because he was jealous of him, it as unfair and cruel.

"You were once that guy a month ago Auster, only Damien asked me out, and you didn't."

His face fell as the words hit him hard, and I felt crappy for saying it, but I didn't like the way he talked about someone he didn't even know, someone I was... falling for.

"You're not being fair Auster, what you're doing is hurting me."

"Right..." He scoffed out, before walking away from me, without saying another word to me.