𝔽𝕠𝕦𝕟𝕕

·:*¨༺ ★ ༻¨*:·. ·:*¨༺ ★ ༻¨*:·.

It was about the last 10 minutes of chemistry. Shikamaru had decided to do the missing work from yesterday after saying he'll just take the F. He had asked Claira for help since Y/n was taking another nap. Everyone else was just chilling and waiting for the bell to ring.

"So then you put it all together and write down the formula but be careful 'cause some of them try to trick you."

"Ok This not that hard, thank you"

"No problem. But you shoulda been here instead of messin' around with Temari" Claira said while sarcastically rolling her eyes

"It wasn't even like that Claira. She just me for help with her geometry work" Shikamaru groaned

"I know I know" the girl laughed "I'm just messing with you... kinda. But don't you think it's strange that she started popping up now that you getting close to Y/n?"

"Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I mean she hasn't done anything shady but I just get that dealt with so I can only focus on Y/n.."

The girl smirked and looked that Shikamaru with her eyebrows raised.

"Don't look at me like that Claira." He kept his head down looking at the assignment while his face started to heat up

"In all honesty Shikamaru. You should at least let her know how you feel. Especially since Temari was brought up. If she does like you then it's a chance she might not even say anything because of that. And... I wanna be friends with her so hurry up and do something."

"Y'all can be friends without us dating.." Shikamaru responded

"You wanna go out with the girl or not?"

"..."

"Okay then. Stop being scary Shikamaru. Clearly, she likes you back"

Shikamaru bit his lip, his mind racing but staying in one place at the same time. He looked over to the sleeping girl. It was about 5 minutes left in the class so he decided to wake her up. Shikamaru gently taps her shoulder, no response. He did he again. Nothing.

"N/n.."

"..."

"Y/nnn.."

"Is she breathing..?" Claira jokingly asked

Shikamaru paid close attention, waiting to see the rise and fall of her body signifying that Y/n is breathing

"Yeah.." Shikamaru said shaking Y/n a little harder

"Hmm.." The S/t girl groaned

"Class is over," he said in a soft, almost whispering tone

Y/n lifted her head and looked at Shikamaru with low, tired eyes and he looked back with a slight smile resting on his face.

"What time is it?" She said rubbing her eyes

"Time to go, c'mon" He grabbed her stuff and gently pushed her by the waist, encouraging her to walk.

"Shikamaru" Y/n put out her hand to grab her stuff from him

"Nah, I'll hold it for"

The girl nodded and continued walking. Stopping at their lockers, which weren't that far apart, Shikamaru and Y/n put unneeded items into the locker. Y/n took her Chromebook and left her book bag in the locker. Most assignments were online and her book bag was practically empty.