𝔽𝕠𝕦𝕟𝕕

"Y'all okay with going by yourselves?" Y/n asked the two young girls.

"Yeah we'll be okay" Malaiyah responded to her sister

"Just make sure y'all stay together" Shikamaru chimed in

"Yeah yeah" Mirai turned around to walk deeper into the festival "C'mon Malaiyah, we'll leave them to do couple stuff or whatever" The girl giggled and followed close behind, the two discussing which rides or games they wanted to do.

Y/n turned her head and tucked half of her face into her coat to let out an awkward laugh.

"Ignore her. Something is wrong with that child" Shikamaru rolled his eyes and started walking alongside Y/n

"Not too much on yo lil cousin. She's really cool and funny" the girl said defending Mirai

"And she nosey." Shikamaru said stuffing his hands in his pockets and looking around "So what you wanna do first?"

"mMm" said shrugging her shoulders. "Let's get on that" Y/n said pointing to the 'Zero Gravity ride

Shikamaru looked at y/n with a questionable face. "You sure?"

"Yeah, I'm sure." Y/n said with confidence. "You scared of something Maru?"

Y/n said smirking as she used his newly found nickname. Shikamaru rolled his eyes with a chuckle, shaking his head and hanging it low before looking back at the girl.

"Never that..and I didn't say you can call me that"

"I ain't never said you can call me by my nickname but you do...and I don't complain." The girl said with some sassy. "Let's get on this ride. I'm starting to freeze just standing here" Y/n says stuffing her hands in her coat pocket and walking towards the line.

"Maybe because you got two holes in yo pants," The boy said looking at her pants. "Don't never dress right" he shook his head while closing following behind Y/n

"Aw okay. So my outfits are always ugly. Cool" she responded.

"Y'know that not what meant N/n. You always look good" Shikamaru said in a nonchalant tone.

They stepped in line and Y/n turned around to face the boy. The lights from the attractions shining on Shikamaru, making his nose ring sparkle and his eyes seem a little more lively. His hair was messily pulled up into a ponytail, wavy strands sticking out here and there. Y/n took a moment to analyze his lean build and smooth facial features before parting her lips to say something.

"You trynna flirt with me? Yuck." Y/n said scrunching up her face in "disgust" while a small grin appeared on her face.

Shikamaru eyes widened a bit. The rising warmth in his body dismissed the coldness that made his nose and ears red. He then returned to his low-eyed, neutral face- licking his lips to prevent the dryness and shrugging his shoulders.

"mMm. Maybe. But it didn't seem to be 'yucky' when you kissed me back that one time ...dropped the Chromebook and everything"

Y/n eyes widen as she reacted in a similar way Shikamaru did before. Sucking her teeth she turned around to direct her attention to the worker who was soon going to let them in.

"Yucky? You're a child."

"Okay! You guys can step in" the employee said before Shikamaru could say something slick to Y/n

The two teens walk onto the ride and picked a spot where there were two available spots.

"Oh, you gotta stand up on this?" Shikamaru asked