hospital room

"As much as I like you I would appreciate if you'd stop trying to interlock your toes with mine" Momo mumbled as she scrolled on her phone.

"it's called playing footsies why did you just make it sound so weird" i grumbled as i moved my feet an inch away from hers. It's not my fault i love physical touch.

"Well go play them with someone else" she replied to which i huffed.

Yeji dropped me at the hospital a while ago and I thanked her tremendously. I also made sure she was awake enough to drive by herself and had her call me when she reached.

I then made it to Momo's room who was just as happy to see me as I was to see her. Since it was late at night I got directly into bed next to her.

She was doing a lot better now physically and insisted I lie down with her.

So now, after talking a bunch and holding hands under the sheet, we're both on our phones as she openly rejects my attempts to get physically closer.

"you're rejecting my love" I pouted at her.

"If your love involves intertwining TOES then i don't want it" she exaggeratedly spoke.

"I WASN'T TRYING TO INTERTWINE MY TOES WITH YOUR GRIMEY ONES" I exasperated. She is making this so weird.

"I just wanted to put my feet on yours because you know I love it when i'm all over a person."

"Well then just say you want to be all over me" she replied before she turned her phone off.

"what are you doing?" i eyed her suspiciously.

"being all over you" she mumbled before draping a leg and arm over me and resting her head near my shoulder. "there"

I didn't realize how hard I was smiling till i felt my cheeks hurt. She is so cute oh my god. I put my hand over her arm as I started to caress it.

"This is new" i mindlessly muttered.

"what is?" momo asked.

"you hugging me for a change" I smiled teasingly to which she scoffed.

Everyone knows Momo isn't the best at offering hugs. She'll awkwardly stand there hoping some external force would magically place whoever she's trying to hug in her arms. It's fine though her awkwardness is actually very endearing to me.

"shut up and enjoy it while it lasts" she replied to which I wrapped my arms around her and said, "don't worry I will make it last. You cannot escape my grip". I looked down a little and saw the smile on her face.

oh how I love her.

"ughhhhhhh" I made a noise as I squeezed her a little, my heart suddenly feeling too full with adoration.

"ow" "sorry!" I quickly let go the minute she said that. I keep forgetting we're actually in a hospital room and that momo is still recovering from serious injuries.

"sorry, sorry" I repeated when I saw her make a sad face at me. "I didn't realize it might hurt"

When her expression remained unchanged I asked her what was wrong. "....what?"

"you stopped holding me"

butterflies

Without saying anything I carefully pulled her into my arms again. "there". She hummed satisfyingly and closed her eyes.

"this is nice" she mumbled quietly after a short while, and I could tell she was sleepy.

"go to sleep momoring" I said as I slightly moved my hand to run my fingers through her hair. I still don't get how she lives with bangs. Maybe I should cut them off while she slee-