No Dinner

"YOU'RE CHEATING!!"

"HOW DO YOU CHEAT IN AIR HOCKEY?!"

"UGH" I stepped away from the ice hockey machine with growing rage inside of me. There's no way she isn't cheating. How can you win 5 games back to back without cheating?

"Face it y/n, you just suck" Momo slowly walked towards me with a smug smile on her face.

I squinted my eyes at her and made an angry face which soon morphed into a smile as she held onto my arm and dragged me towards some other game.

After the perfect picnic we had, we walked around the park a bit after clearing everything up, but because it got too hot, I decided to move on to the next part of this date a little early.

We're now at an arcade. I think we've been here for 2 hours I don't know for sure. It's as if once you enter this place, time just stops.

"How many more credits do we have left?" momo asked as she pulled me towards a whack-the-mole game.

"Not a lot that's for sure" I mumbled as I pulled the card out of my pocket. "You wanna play this one?" I asked her and she nodded her head with excitement.

I smiled at her briefly before swiping the card. Thankfully we had just enough tokens left in the card to play one game of whack-the-mole.

Almost instantly Momo became too invested in the game to notice I slipped away for a minute. A few consoles down there were those claw machines that are almost always rigged. I had gone to recharge the card so we can play some more. Although I think we've played every game in here.

After recharging my card only a little, I went to the claw machine that carried some very cute little stuffed animals and flowers, almost like squishmallows.

I looked over at momo and saw her violently hitting on holes that didn't even have the mole pop out from and decided I want to win a toy for her.

cliche, I know.

I swiped my card not knowing the terrible loop I was about to fall victim too.

"god damn it!" I exasperated for the nth time. Now I know these things are rigged so you never win but, why won't I win?!

I swiped my card again, exhausting the tokens to zero. Too invested in winning something now I didn't notice when Momo came and stood behind me.

"okay. last try." I told myself before beginning to move the claw.

Over my dead body will I'll lose this time. Even if I get the ugly green frog, I'll take it.

I walked around the machine, analyzing the area underneath the claw that I very expertly positioned. Momo was mildly amused by my antics as she stood there fighting a smile.

"okay" I said, "here" I moved my pointer finger towards momo.

"and you want me to do what with that?" she asked.

"kiss it"

"I'm not kissing your finger"

"I need it for luck"

"okay!"

She pecked the tip of my finger and I repeated the action.

"God, let me win, please." I closed my eyes and made a short prayer before pressing the taunting red button on the machine.

With a churning stomach I watched the claw move down before deciding I simply cant look.

"I can't look" I turned around to face Momo who took my place.