Chapter 8 Proving Yourself

Chance waited impatiently as the phone rang,"I need to see you Cat."
     Cat hesitated before answering, "even if I could afford an airplane ticket, I couldn't leave for more than a few hrs. We've been over this Chance, none of our parents believe us. I can't blame them, it sounds crazy."
     Chance clutched the phone, "I went to the police, when I got back home.I thought they were going to arrest me, I didn't know Jake's last name. I couldn't recall any last names except my cousin Lizy, her parents never filed a missing person report, the police couldn't do a thing. I suspect they didn't take me seriously because of my age."
     Cat stirred ice with a straw in her glass,"we exchanged emails, and cell numbers on the ship, you could have easily gotten their last names. What is the use in doing that, we have no idea where the island is."
     "Chance have you spoken to the twins? I facetime, Sara and Jess every day. We will be best friends forever, our shared hardships gave us a closeness, few will ever know."
     Chance touched the moisture on the glass,"the twins are best friends, they don't call me much. You and Jake, are the only friends I have Cat. If Jake graduates Island camp, like we did. We have no way of knowing, or communicating with him."
     Chance's phone made a noise, words popped up. He touched accept video call.
     The beautiful face of Catherine  Rivers was on the screen,"
I love you Lenerd Sanders, I wanted to kiss you, from the moment I saw you. My one regret, while on the island, was not being brave enough to do so."
     Chance smiled for the first time in weeks,"I never thought I stood a chance, with the most beautiful girl I ever met. Why do you think, I never said a word, when you bossed everyone around? I loved you Cat, from the moment I saw you. "
     At that moment, they both received an email. It was from Carrie Lopez, It read,.
           I am Matty's sister Carrie, he begged me to watch the footage and help your friends. I have to go, delete this message.
         Cat was crying on the video call," Chance, Chance. Did you read that? "
     Chance removed his glasses,wiping away the tears,"yes I read the email as well."

            Sammy and Alex were binge watching,yet another tv series they, missed while gone.
     Sammy pinched his belly,"I think that I've gained weight."
     Alex turned up the volume, " just be glad we can eat. Be quiet Sammy, I want to hear this. "
     Sammy spoke louder,"right back in the same rut,next you'll be avoiding me!"
     Alex pushed pause,"I've earned the right, to lay back and stuff my face, while watching tv."
     Sammy got up, "I'm going to clean the house,play time is over brother. The island made us grow up remember? Jake and beach group, aren't that lucky."
     Alex threw the remote, "we promised, we would never talk about them."
     Sammy cracked his knuckles, "I changed my mind. You have a problem with that? "
           That's when they both received an email,It read.
         I'm Carrie Lopez, my brother Matty begged me, to watch footage of your friends on the island. I have to go, delete this email.
          Sammy stared at his twin,"what are we going to do Alex?"
     Alex began touching buttons, "delete it, and forget about it. I'm never going back there and neither are you. We were baited once,never again."

            Sara got on the three way video chat,"weird how we all got the same email. "
     Jess turned up her volume, "what does Carrie, expect us to do? I wouldn't go back to that island, for a million dollars."
     Amy tossed her long,blonde hair behind her back,"weird how me and Chance,were talking about Jake,when we got the email. I had just told Chance, that I loved him, and he said, that he loved me too."
     Sara squealed, "omg I don't believe it, it's about time Cat. "
     Jess shook her head, "long distance relationships rarely succeed. "
     Amy smiled, "I'm willing to try,nothing ventured,nothing gained."
     Sara brought the conversation back to the start,"seriously I'm never responding to any creepy emails. "
     Jess worried, "we were lucky to get out of there alive. As soon as I deleted the email, I changed my email address. You can call me, or FB message me."