Chapter 24 Dear Diary

Chapter twenty four

                         Dear Dairy

                  Lizy was digging to enlarge the garden yet again,when the shovel hit something buried into the dirt.
     Lizy picked up the small waterproof suitcase,"look what I found Amy, I wonder what's inside? "
     Amy stood beside her friend," don't just stand there Lizy, open it already."
     Lizy pushed the two buttons, the suitcase lid opened. The suitcase was filled with seeds, except for one item, a large diary.
     Amy gasped,"should we read it Lizy?"
     Lizy thought for a long moment,"we probably shouldn't read it, but it might contain something to help us survive."
            Dinner was eaten, the group sat around the cook fire.
     Chance opened the diary,"her name is Carry Tawny, she is Seventeen yrs old,she has short, black curly hair.She is one hundred and ten pounds, her height is five feet six inches."
    Chance continued "It reads, there are six of us now,two more arrived last night. The youngest of us is only seven years old,he is my little brother Matthew Tawny,we call him Matty. My nineteen year old sister Rochelle Tawny, is here as well."
     Chance didn't say a word about it, but the names were familiar. Matty had two sisters Carry and Rochelle.
     Chance continued to read,"this is a camp for out of control teens, which me and Rochelle are, but our brother shouldn't be here."

            Amy was handed the diary," the man who owns the island camp is Ricardo Lopez,mr Lopez has two kids here.Megel Lopez is sixteen years old, he's very handsome, he has long black hair, dark brown eyes, six feet tall and naturally tan skin.His sister Maria Lopez is fifteen years old, five feet eight inches tall,long braided black hair, blue eyes. The other camper Sherry West has no sibling here, she's nineteen years old, dark red short hair, blue eyes, five feet six inches tall."
        Jake was handed the diary,"four days of camp.Maria scared me today, she threw a knife at her brother, missing Megel by just a few inches.".  
        "eight days at camp.Megel isn't rational, he put a knife to Sherry's throat today"
     "14th day at camp.My sister Rochelle slept with a knife, insisting that me and our little brother sleep in her bed"
     "23rd day at camp. Sherry West is missing, she was last seen with Megel."
     "30 days at camp. Maria found Sherry's blouse soaked with blood today, no way to call for help."
       "43 days at camp.Rochelle and I take turns sleeping, Matty sleeps between us."
     Steve was handed the diary,"56 days in camp.Maria Knife fought her brother to the death over the last bag of potato chips. They both had fatal wounds, bleeding to death within a few minutes."
    "57 days in camp. A tree spoke to my sister Rochelle this morning, and it turns out that many trees have video cameras and microphones. The camp should have evacuated us many days ago. We are being picked up in a few hours, if you're reading this you found my diary. Beware the island, the trees have ears and eyes."
            The group was shocked not knowing what to say. Amy buried the diary before dark.From that day on, the group slept with weapons under their beds.

            Amy laid on her girlfriend's arm crying,"when I think about those poor girls and their little brother, I am ashamed of all we have. I don't understand why they didn't plant the seeds that we found in the suitcase? If they were that hungry, why didn't they work to grow food?"
     Lindy stroked the wet tear drench hair,"those girls like me and my brother, didn't have it in them to survive on their own. Myself and Tye are lucky, you and your group are strong, not because you wanted to be, but because you were forced to be.We learn from you all and adapt, you had courage and strength you didn't know you have."
     Amy took her hand holding it gently,"I'm not stupid Lindy, there was a Rochelle in our group, and a boy named Matty, is in it still.Matty also goes by Megel. I wonder if he took the name, of the dead brother Megel Lopez?If he did then why? If Matty is Rochelle's little brother, why not just say so? My head is spinning."
     Lindy rubbed her girlfriend's temples,"close your eyes and try to relax Amy, nothing else matters but us, and our group. Don't be anxious about the future, it will become what it's meant to be.We can plan and prepare for it, but fate and destiny are written.We can no more change it, than count grains of sand in the ocean or desert."