Chapter 23 Dreams And Nightmares

Chapter Twenty Three

              Dreams And Nightmares

              It was one of those dreams, when you know you're dreaming, but you can't wake up.
     Chance awoke on a ship, with no memory of how he got there.He searched for hours,not finding another passenger, or even a crew member.He heard his son crying, and wife calling his name.He followed the sound, down a never ending hallway.
      Chance was now standing on the ship's deck,there was no moon,or any source of light, yet haunting shadows danced all around him.His son cried, he ran being chased, like his very life depended on his flight.
     Chance was in the ship's galley kitchen,he was starving but the fridge ,freezer and cupboards were bare.He was dying of thirst, the kitchen faucet had no water.
     Chance was on a raft, hearing his son crying, he dove into the ocean.There was nothing to grab onto, his arms and legs cramped.He held his breath, sinking into the ocean's depth.He looked above himself, seeing his wife holding their son.
He reached out to her, he sank deeper.He felt his lungs were going to explode.
     Chance awoke it wasn't just dark, it was pitch black.Megel wasn't lying next to him, there wasn't sleeping noise, from the other campers.He lit a candle, it wasn't the bamboo cabin he was in, it was his bedroom at his parents house.He opened the door,slowly walked down the stairs.He heard his son crying from the next room, he ran and he ran, but he never got any closer.
     Chance awoke knowing he had a nightmare, but could not recall what it was about.It was still dark,so he went back to sleep.

            Jake was sitting in his science class, he was nude except for his stained boxers.
    The other students and the teacher, pointed and laughed at him saying,"poopy pants, poopy pants."
     Jake ran down the hallway, the bell rang.Students filled the hallway.
     The math teacher stopped him,"Jake Clearlan you are getting a detention, poopy pants."
     Jake ran once again, the detention in his hand.
     The head cheerleader stopped him,"I can't go to prom with you Jake, you have poop stains in your boxers."
     Jake was running as fast as he could, that's when he woke up. He walked in his sleep, he was standing in front of the outhouse. He quickly sat on the hole, needing to poop.

            Ronny licked his lips in his sleep, his dream was that real.He was at his favorite restaurant, having just ordered everything from the menu.His imagination ran wild, trying to recall all of the different tastes.
     The waitress brought him a glass of water and two buns,"I'm sorry sir, this is all the chef had to make, that will be $457.23 plus my usual $5.00 tip."
     Ronny yelled in his sleep,"noooo!!!"
     Ronny was at the movie theater, waiting a long time in line, at the concession stand.
     Ronny excitedly read the list of food,"give me every item you have, and one large cola to drink.
     The pretty brunette rang up his purchases," one cup of water, and one unpopped kernel of popcorn, that will be $376.41.
     Ronny yelled "nooo!!"
     Ronny was at the pancake house, having placed an order.
He waited for three mega breakfasts, and five extra sides of bacon.
     The waitress sat down a saucer with three dry pieces of toast, and one cup of hot water.
     The waitress handed him the bill,"that will be $1,234.21.
     Ronny yelled,"nooo!!"
     Ronny went to three different grocery stores, they all had the same sign upon the door. Ronny wake up you idiot you're dreaming.

            Kevin always had the same dream since meeting Amy,but this time Amy was different looking.Her voice was deeper,her body was fatter and she had Short gray hair.Oh no, it was the lunch lady from school.She was feeding Kevin, one French fry at a time,with her dirty hands.The worst part was, it tasted so good, he continued to eat them.
     The next thing Kevin knew, he was answering the door. It was his mother's oldest friend, Kevin opened the door.
     The fifty four year old woman, kissed Kevin roughly on the lips. She took Kevin's hand, leading him toward his bedroom.
     Kevin was now in a motel room, he answered the knock on the door. He fearfully opened the door, to see Amy in a white wedding gown.Thank goodness it was his usual dream, him and Amy getting married.