Ch. 25 Creating Chaos

Chapter Twenty Five

                          Creating Chaos

              Kyle was torn between right and wrong, if he followed the orders given to him, he would double his twenty thousand dollars.If he did as asked, he would cause hatred against him and Steve. Kyle had no idea of how much longer, he would be stuck on the island.Was the money worth the chaos, he would cause the group?In the end he decided to play it by ear, maybe his sex appeal wasn't as good as he thought.
             Steve peeled potatoes,"thanks for the help Kyle, it will go much faster with two people."
    Kyle used his best pickup line,"I must be dreaming beautiful, because you're too good to be real. To tell the truth Steve, I only held back, in case you and Jake got back together.It's obviously not going to happen, or it already would have."
     Steve put down the potato peeler,"I thought you were into girls, you've been in a few relationships with them since arriving at camp."
     Kyle's gaze met the blue eyes,"I was lonely for soft lips and a warm body to hold. There isn't much of a choice in camp except you or Jake,I didn't want to cause drama.The girls were my only option,but now I'm willing to risk the drama for you. Why should either of us be lonely, when we are both attractive and single!"
     Steve was just about to make an excuse to spare Jake's feelings, before he could open his mouth to speak, Kyle's warm mouth covered his own. Kyle's strong hand was against the back of Steve's head, pushing the forbidden kiss deeper. Steve's knees grew weak his pulse raced,he had never been kissed with such passion. His head wanted to pull away, but his heart won the battle.Steve's hands pulled the body yet closer to him, his lips parted finding the tongue he sought. Months of being alone made his blood warm, and the temptation thrilling.
     Kyle whispered into the ear,"let's go deep into the jungle where no one can see us Steve,it's been so long since I made love, I will die if I can't have you."
     Jake wanted to wait until they went to college, to make love for the first time.Steve was still a Virgin, with no reason to continue waiting.
      Steve took the masculine hand in his own,"I'm a Virgin I will need to be taught, teach me Kyle I want to be yours."
     Kyle saw dollar signs above Steve's head, it didn't matter how long he was with Steve, just that he formed a relationship with him.The naive virgin was about to have his world rocked,
with any luck Jake would find out about their jungle escapades.

            Jake patted his ex on the back,"you sure look happy Steve, what are you smiling about?"
     Steve continued smiling,"since you want nothing to do with me, I've started a relationship with Kyle. He makes me feel good about myself and attractive unlike you Jake. I gave you plenty of chances to be with me Jake Clearlan, I only came to the island to be with you, then you threw me away like an unwanted toy. I'm now Kyle's toy and he played with me in ways you refused to."
      Steve walked away not looking back..
     Jake called after him with tears in his eyes,"what does that mean Steve?I love you Steven Porter."
           Kyle stood nearby,"the fun has just begun."
            Rochelle watched the drama unfold,"looks like Kyle is earning his extra cash, it will make for good tv."
    Carry turned away from the camera screen,"I hate what we did to our little brother and still do Rochelle, telling him lies back then and now."
     Rochelle readjusted the tree camera angle,"we were just like Kyle is now three years ago, doing what we were told too for thousands of dollars.Megel, Maria and Sherry were all just hired actors,our brother Matty was the only one of us working without a script."
     Carry took a sip of soda,"how many years must our brother return to the island with new campers? While we sit in comfort counting our cash."
     Rochelle put a slice of pizza into a microwave,"a paid channel has already bought the series,Matty will earn millions by the time it airs next fall.Burying that diary was smart of Ricardo, fear sells viewers."

            Steve wiped sweat from the fevered forehead,"you're
going to be ok Jake, Chance will figure out what's wrong with you."
     Jake opened his eyes too weakly to raise his head,"can you hold my hand one last time Steve? Kyle doesn't love you like I love you."
    Steve held the sick teen's hand,"don't worry about anything, you need to save your strength Jake."
    Jake closed his eyes holding the hand of the teen boy that he loved,he drifted to sleep surrounded by concerned friends.
            Chance was alone thinking of every reason for a fever,
the illness made no sense. Jake ate what they all ate and had done so for months. If it was because of the water, they all would be sick. There was no rash, blisters or swollen cheeks, everyone including Jake had gotten childhood immunization shots. If he couldn't figure it out soon, Jake might be in real trouble, this was his ninth day of fever with no medication to bring it down.
     Tye sat down next to the leader,"Jake has not been isolated and no one else has gotten sick, it can't be a contagious disease. I have ruled out food and water contaminants as well.
We all are bitten by mosquitos and only Jake has a fever, it can't be malaria. It very well could be a simple case of dehydration, Jake has cried night and day since Steve and Kyle became a couple.The severe heat we have been experiencing, Jake would have to double his water intake. Chance I proposed that Steve lies to Jake, telling him that he and Kyle have broken up. We take shifts giving Jake water, if he doesn't cry he should become hydrated within a few days.My only other reason is the flu, even though no one has caught it from him."
     Chance hugged his friend,"you are the genius not me Tye, I will take the first shift giving Jake water."