Chapter 26

Chapter twenty six

                         Plot Twist

           Catherine Sanders took her time packing the two suitcases,"enough mother I'm not leaving little Lenerd here with you, he wants to see his father as much as I do."
     Ruth Rivers eyes pleaded with her daughter,"the message from Mr, Brown was so vague, how can you trust him?Leave JR here with me, his father would want him to be safe. Look what happened to you on that island Cat, you would have died if not returning home."
     Cat continued packing,"relax mom we're not going near the island, Chance and the others have already been rescued. Alex has been texting with Chance, he wants us to meet him in Australia. By the time we arrive, the ship my husband is on will be docking there."
     Ruth held her six month old grandson,"wait here for Lenerd, let him come to you daughter."
     Cat put a stuffed frog toy into the suitcase,"we've been apart for over a year, I'm not being away from Chance for even one second more than I need to be."
     A knock was heard at the door, Ruth answered it.
     The policemen approached the nineteen year old girl,"Catherine Rivers we have been called to remove you from the premises, your mother is the Guardian of your six month old son, Lenerd Chance Sanders. You signed away your parental rights, you must leave alone."
     Ruth clutched the small boy,"I tried to talk you out of taking the baby with you Cat, you left me no choice. I lost you to the island, I won't lose JR too. I don't care what you were told, your dad and I believed every word too. I hope you find Chance and return, if you do I will sign papers returning your son to you."
     Cat was escorted by the policeman to her bedroom, where she shut and picked up her suitcase.
     Cat's last words to her mother were not farewell,"when I return here and I will, it will be the last time you see me or my son. You haven't just burned your bridges mother dear, you have burned down your entire world."
     There wasn't time to kiss her son goodbye, the policeman led Cat out of the door by her arm.  

            Alex greeted his friend with a long heartfelt embrace, "I Missed you so much Cat,how was your flight to Australia?"
    Cat handed her suitcase to her friend,"it was fine but I could have flown coach, you didn't need to give me a first class ticket."
      Alex took the suitcase from her hand,"looks like the driver found us, Sammy's waiting for you on our yacht.We hired a captain,he programmed in the coordinates that mr Brown gave to us. It was a lucky break that Megel used the satellite phone radio again. The group knows we're coming to rescue them, so let's go aboard and get going.

            It took one month but the entire island was searched, any and all structures were torn down long before they arrived at them. There was no evidence of a boat or that one had ever been there, except for the two rafts on the beach.
                 The group mood was mellow knowing that there was nothing to fear, the fruit trees were once again producing, and the garden was mature.
     Ronny held up his bowl,"more chicken stew please."
     Amy refilled the bowl,"ok Ronny but it's your third bowl, you're going to get fat."
      Ronny patted his belly,"the little fella went empty for too long."
      Kevin held out his bowl,"what about me?"
     Amy chuckled,"if you two keep this up, you won't fit in the boat when we're rescued."
      Matty had never eaten two bowls of stew before, the entire group lost weight including him. Searching the jungle burned a lot of calories, with only what wild berries they found along the way. It was worth it though, the group had never been more content and happy.
     Tye laid down on the ground,"I ate too much to move."
     Kyle laid next to his friend,"I'm with you Tye, a nap sounds good."
     Ronny moaned,"I ate too much, my belly hurts."
     Page shook her head,"Ronny you said the same thing at breakfast and at lunch."
     Julie scraped her bowl putting the last spoonful of stew into her mouth,"this was my first bowl of stew, I ate slowly and it filled me up."
     Lindy was just about to stand up hearing a noise,"do you hear that?"
     Jake jumped to his feet,"it's a woman yelling."
     Chance quickly stood,"that's not just a woman, that's my Cat."
    Chance ran toward his wife's voice with blurry vision, tears ran down his cheeks.
     Cat saw her husband,"Chance Chance!"
     The couple collided in an embrace that should have knocked them off of their feet. Cat and Chance both fell to their knees sobbing.
      When Cat could speak she asked,"why weren't you at the beach to meet us?"
     Chance looked at his wife oddly,"how could I know you were coming?"
     Cat was confused,"A mr Brown was hired by the twins to find you. When Megel used the satellite phone radio for the second time, mr Brown got the coordinates for the island. Sammy and Alex bought a yacht and hired a captain to bring us here.Megel said that he would tell you, to meet us on the beach today."
     Chance had one question,"Why were you lied to?"
            Alex hugged his best friend,"Ronny I'm so sorry for the way that I treated you.When we get back home I can't wait  to hang out with you, just like old times."
     Sammy hugged his best friend,"Kevin I'm sorry about how I acted, I miss you dude."
     Jake hugged the twins,"I missed you guys, I'm glad you're back.However did you find us?"
      Cat made an announcement,"we need to run, not walk to Beach Camp, no time to pack or ask questions."
     The group ran as fast as possible, Jake had Matty on his back. Matty hung onto Jake's neck, his calves on Jake's arms.The trip to the beach was made in less than half of the time.
        The raft that Cat, Alex and Sammy arrived in was still on the beach, but the yacht that brought the three to the island was not anchored anymore, it was completely and utterly gone.
      Sammy screamed at the ocean,"no not again!"