Chapter 31

Chapter thirty one

                       The Final Test

                   Rochelle awoke her brother shaking him,"Matty wake up it's time to go."
     Matty sat up wiping sleepers from his eyes,"what are you talking about Rochelle?"
     Rochelle roughly grabbed her brother's arm pulling him to his feet,"we must hurry, we don't have long, move your feet if you want your freedom."
      Matty pulled his arm away from her grasp,"I'm not going anywhere without my friends."
      Rochelle was angry,"there isn't enough time or room in the boat for them. I'm leaving with or without you brother, the choice is yours."
      Matty noticed his sister holding the boy in her arms,"why are you taking Cat and Chance's son?"
     Rochelle began walking away,"this is your brother Michael."
    Matty ran after his sister,"I don't have a brother."
     Rochelle didn't stop walking until getting into the raft at the fishing hole,"get into this boat right now Mathew Mcmillan, I'm not waiting for you I can't."
     Matty crossed his arms,"tell me why I should and I'll get in."
       Rochelle fumed, "I will tell you when we're safely off of the island, I have exactly eight minutes to reach the helicopter or it will leave.I'm not being stuck here mother's depending on me,
goodbye brother I tried."
     Matty watched the raft troll away, his moral character left him stranded but he did so with a clear conscience.

            Chance awoke to find that JR wasn't in his crib,"Cat wake up the baby is gone!"
     Cat sat up from a sound sleep,"have you looked for him Chance? He probably climbed the bars."
     Chance was in a panic,"it's still dark,how will we find him?"
     Cat ran into the cabin yelling at the top of her lungs,"Wake up, wake up! JR is gone, wake up!"
      In a matter of seconds all of the group was awake and searching, the search continued after the sun came up.
     Jake stated the obvious,"the baby was left by someone and taken by someone, I'm betting it was one in the same person.
The note was a lie I'm sure of it, what a cruel joke to play."
     Chance spoke with a parcel honesty,"I think you're right Jake, as much as I don't want to believe it. The note was cruel and my Cat will never get over this."
     Kevin questioned the motive,"why would they take him back? It hurts my brain and heart thinking about him."
     Ronny expressed his sorrow,"I miss how he called me Ron Ron."
       Sammy sympathized,"I miss how he stuck his finger up my nose."
      Alex joined the pity party,"I miss how he burped louder than me."
     Amy ignored the guys,"Chance, how's Cat doing?"
     Chance sadly looked at his shoes,"she's depressed, we didn't get much sleep so she went back to bed, I'm going to join her I'm really tired."
                Cat saw her husband enter their honeymoon cabin,"did they buy it Chance?"
     Chance nodded,"yes they did Cat. We knew that he wasn't our son, we weren't about to stop Rochelle from rescuing her brother. We couldn't tell the group the truth, it's too unbelievable, even I can't wrap my head around it."
     Cat was fearful,"what about Matty, should we tell him the truth?"
      Chance held his love in his arms,"we promised Rochelle we wouldn't, Matty made his choice he's still here."

            Tye held the boy on his lap,"did you have any problems leaving the island Rochelle?"
     Rochelle guzzled the cold soda,"no thanks to you Tye, the device you created froze all of the cameras and muted the speakers. It's a shame my brother Matty refused to leave with me, he's smarter than he looks."
     Tye put the boy down onto the floor,"I was hoping to use the boys for a peaceful solution, Ricardo would have released my sister and our friends.The star of the series is still there, a negotiation is out of the question now. Olivia is waiting outside the door for the two of you, give her my regards."
     Rochelle had her hand on the doorknob to leave,"how are you going to rescue my brother and his friends?"
     Tye looked straight at her,"sorry honey I don't trust you, after all you betrayed Ricardo. Goodbye Rochelle have a good life."
     Tye's plan worked as expected, Rochelle tested his device
which was the point, rescuing her brother was just an excuse.