iii. NERVOUS CRUSH, part 2

IMAGINE

IMAGINE . . . .

You and Jenna were on FaceTime once again.
She was getting ready for a date when you
called.

-----------

"You look nice. Going anywhere special?" You noticed she was dressed pretty and curling her hair after she answered your call.

She continued curling her hair, "Yep. Going out."

"Friends? Date?" You hoped it was the first option.

Jenna smiled, "Date."

"Oh." You awkwardly spoke and moved off camera a bit. You thought you were being sly and maybe Jenna didn't notice, but she did.

"What kind of 'oh' was that?"

"Nothing." You shook your head, "Nothing."

"You're jealous." A smile spread across her lips as she finished her hair.

You scoffed, "Pfft, no."

"So it's just accidental flirting? Exclusively friends?" Jenna placed the hair curler down to sit and have a serious conversation with you.

"Yes." You quickly answered, no lies detected but she saw right through it.

"Bullshit. Just be honest."

"I can't because I would have to confront myself. Besides, things would just get complicated between us. You're on the other side of the world, Jenna." You paused briefly, "Barley around. You're always busy and if we don't work out, what's going to be left of our friendship? Nothing." You finished, "I'm just going to ignore it. Hopefully you understand."

"Good thing I have a date then." She gave you a fake smile. She didn't agree with you but as your friend, she didn't fight on you with your decision. She respected it. "Got to go, bye." Jenna hung up and as soon as she did, she got a text from the said date. The person was waiting outside for her. She would like to say she was excited still but not as much anymore.