i. THE REMEMBERING

IMAGINE

IMAGINE . . . .

Ever since you and katie broke up, she
hasn't been the same. Her family noticed
and in an attempt to cheer her up, it was the
complete opposite.

-----------

Katie and her family had just arrived to a fair in their little town. She plastered a fake smile and began to act like she was enjoying herself but she wasn't and they had just arrived. All she thought the whole way there was you. She still couldn't believe how you two ended and the funny part was — it was over another person.

Katie always considered your feelings and when you told her the first time that you didn't really like her and that guy hanging out because you felt uncomfortable, she heard you loud and clear. You two talked about it and then an agreement came from that. You realized you trusted her and that there was nothing to worry about.

But at the end of the day, it was more of him you didn't trust.

As her family went on a roller coaster, katie went on a carousel. You continued to cloud her time as the carousel began to go around. She leaned her head on the pole, a sad expression coming across her face. Just as she thought she couldn't get any sadder, there she saw you at a gaming booth with someone else.

She thought you didn't see her when she was looking at you but when you turned around, your eyes connected. She thought she would look right away but no, she kept her eyes on you as did you. Maybe it's kind of cliche to say, but she swore she saw every memory in your eyes.

Katie didn't really know what was going to happen. If you were going to come over or her, but just before anything could happen, she felt a light tap on her shoulder.

"Excuse me, people are waiting." The ride constructor told katie.

Katie looked around the carousel for a brief moment and saw no one on it. Just before she got off, she looked back at the booth for you but you were gone. That's when she finally got off the carousel and to then find her family. But then began to think if you were really there or was she just imagining it because she missed you so much.