iv. YOUR LIPS, MY LIPS, APOCALYPSE, part 2

IMAGINE

IMAGINE . . . .

Ghostface had struck again but Tara somehow
convinced her sister not to leave just quite yet.
After watching the news, you immediately went
to Tara's place because staying together was the
the smartest move yet.

-----------

After watching the news at your house, you immediately ran to the complex building where Tara stayed. You rang their button over and over again, till someone answered.

"Mindy. Who's this?" She held the button down as she spoke.

"Hey, mindy. It's y/n. Let me up?" You spoke clearly.

Soon enough you were buzzed in and the door clicked open. You walked on in and then sprinted up three levels before walking down the hall to the carpenter's door. You knocked and soon enough the door opened.

Tara stood across from you, a smile on her face. She didn't expect you but kind of did at the same time. As time passed, you were in the living room with the rest of the gang while Tara was in the kitchen with Chad.

You felt a bit jealous, you were out there and Chad was with Tara. You could hear them talking and laughing a bit. You didn't like that he was trying to make a move before you did. But luck soon came your way and you noticed Chad leaving the kitchen and Tara not yet.

You took this as your opportunity to go meet her in there. There she stood, preparing a little plate of food as you walked in. She glanced your way, hearing footsteps then back at her food.

"Hey . . " You trailed off, "Guess you're hungry."

"Well, I figured we'll be doing a lot of cardio very soon so I thought I'd cure my hunger problems right now." That earned a light chuckle from you and little smile from her.

"Tara, come join at the table!" Sam interrupted from the next room.

You urged her to go join her friends before you turned around and headed the opposite direction, to Tara's room.

Tara noticed you heading that way and that's when she said, "In a minute, Sam!" Tara followed you to her room and saw you looking around, you looked at some of the pictures on her walls and whatever was on her dresser. She finally entered the room, "You're a snoop like me."

"I just find you fascinating, Tara carpenter." You turned around at the sound of her voice.

"Don't be weird." She walked closer to you.

"I thought you liked a little bit of weird." You walked closer to her.

The gap slowly closing, inches and inches between you two.

All Tara could think about was this was the moment that she was going to get the kiss — to get that damn kiss that she's been waiting for.

"I'm glad you came over." She mumbled lightly.

"Me too." You practically whispered.

Even with all the chaos blowing up right then, all you thought about was making the first move and this moment being the right one for that. So you began to lean in and so did she. The gap finally completely closing between you two, as your lips finally touched. Y'all's hands lifted up as your fingers intertwined with one another's. As you two began to get lost in the moment —

A crash was heard, a door bursted outward.

You two pulled apart and as a crash was heard again, Tara ran to the door. You quickly gripped her arm, pulling her back.

"Tara, don't."

"My sister is out there but if you want to stay here — fine."

You two didn't break eye contact until you let her go. After another second or so, you finally made your way out the room.

There laid ghostface, trying to get back up while Tara was helping mindy pick up her girlfriend. As soon as you saw ghostface about to lung at Tara from behind, you quickly came in.

You jumped in front of the knife and as the knife went through your chest, a scream erupted through the apartment.

Tara turned around and her reaction was indescribable. She was on her knees as you slowly bled out. Sam wrapped her arms around her sister, trying to get her up so they could leave but Tara wasn't budging.

Soon enough, she was picked up and tossed over the shoulder by Chad, running to the next room before ghostface could get to them.

She was frozen. The person she's been dying to get pass the friend zone with is dead. Her first kiss in a long time and you died by a stupid knife.

Now she finally understood what it meant to feel vengeful.