CHAPTER FOURTEEN

He takes a first and then a second step, his feet making a haunting sound, but we couldn't wait to see who this person was. I must say, however, that I am not surprised to see the handsome face of Mr. President's son. He immediately takes a visible position on the podium.

Men dressed in black suits rush to the front to take their places. It is at this point that I wonder why he even lives in a condo, penthouse, or not. Coz I mean normally you don’t always get to have conversations at your president’s son’s house.

Nora's father is standing next to him. "Rashawn Kora," the country's most important suspected villain, oversees everything related to the country's finances. His daughter began living in a more luxurious house not long after he was appointed as financial secretary. According to rumors, his home is more expensive than the president's.

I walk over to the far end to sit when we are signaled to take a seat because I did not want to be the center of attention, and also because I was already feeling uncomfortable standing next to Miranda.

"I'm Donald Russell, the new decorum lecturer."

Echoes of ‘ooh’s’ and ‘ah’s’ could be heard. I think it is only few of us that are able to recall that there was never a thing like decorum as a subject before now.

"It is a general subject that will be taught for the sole purpose of decorum," he says, making some noticed girls laugh and flip their hair. I can see Nora sitting not too far from the high table, baring her white teeth for her supposed fiancée to see. Everyone knows that whatever she and the president's son have can be shattered once her father relinquishes his financial and official status, even though there were rumors flying around concerning their relationship, people said that Donald could die for her if he was ever given a chance to, that was how much he loved Nora, according to the rumors of course.

“I would really like us all to respect me and other teachers in the hall, lecturers, Deans, and so on” he stops and looks up from the paper he has been staring at.

“I would also like to announce that from now on we will have to be given a new set of updated rules, and regulations. Now with all that said I will like to welcome my father’s representative to the mic, MR. Rashawn the financial secretary of our beloved country” after the introduction and the change of speakers the whole room goes chill, no one could speak, well except for his beloved daughter.

“Well, I am so happy to be in the midst of the great students of Koura. As we all know our beloved president is no more the vice chancellor of this prestigious school” even I can see where all of this talk is heading to.

“I am pleased to inform you that our able president, has given me the mantle, hence you are now looking at the new vice chancellor of the art University of Koura." My heart does a flip.

No one claps, everywhere is as quiet as a graveyard, we heard he was once heading the library of koura, and not too long after about 23 officials quit.

Well, water definitely isn’t thicker than blood I think as I hear a large clap, starting from the front and moving all the way to the back.

“With that already out of the way. I would like to announce the uh court hearing date involving one of our students”. He looks up from his glasses as a woman steps forward and hands him a rolled-up paper. I see him separate the ribbon from the paper in a swift motion and begin to read from it.