CHAPTER NINETEEN

The first thing that comes to my head when Donald asked that question “did you even check the security footage?” is  how is that the first thing one would think about.

The muscular cop coughs nervously, and begins pushing the fat one toward Donald’s direction.

“We are so sorry sir,” he says, I could practically see the sweat dripping down his forehead; their once undeniable courage is all gone. Even the crowd seemed to have departed, well except those social media-crazed fellas, who only stood with their phones out to take photos and videos.

Donald takes a step forward, and then another, making it look like he is especially here to devour someone.
“From what I know, you’re placing the wrong accusation, and may I ask what the reason is, what is your reason, I mean where is the evidence?” he asks the question all the while demonstrating what he says, even I am afraid of what he looks like right now.

“Well um… sir, we saw her walking towards that black car over there, and she was looking suspicious” I laugh so hard my belly starts to ache.

“How is carrying a hamburger looking suspicious?” Donald holds his hand up in the air, commanding silence. The bodyguard/ driver runs up to where we are standing and whisper something in his ear.

He nods and signals the hefty man to go back.

“I don’t want to talk much so, remove the handcuff and let her go”
Mr. fat cop apologizes hurriedly and unlocks the handcuff. He is about to go when Donald calls him back.

“I am not the party that is wronged so, I implore you to kindly apologize to the victim, for your harassment, and if possible, get her the food you violently threw on the floor” both the cops, bow in respect to me, I am even shocked as to how they are in a hurry to please Donald.

“I am so sorry ma’am and I promise not to do it anymore, I will go get you your burgers,” says the fat cop. The other one just waves sorry, Donald is about to talk when I come close to him and put my hands on his shoulder, and like a mother’s touch does to her child in an instant he responds, and pinches the bridge of his nose. “Tell your partner to get it to the car” he directs the other hefty cop, I can tell tomorrow morning both he and I are going to regret the extra attention we are going to get.

He walks ahead of me, his anger getting more visible with each step he takes; I walk faster so as to get to him quickly.

He immediately opens the car door and closes it so hard.

I take the other side, and I am about to open the door when I think otherwise.

“I need to cheer him up,” I say out loud. So with my suit of courage thrown on, I walk toward his side of the car and push the door open, he looks at me quizzically raising his left brow.

“Scoot!” I scream.

He didn’t want me to see it, I can tell by how his face contoured in an unusual way. But I see the smile.

“I see the smile, you frog,” I say. He smiles more comfortably, and shifts to the other side.
When I am about to sit, the burger comes.

“I am so sorry; I promise not to do it again”. The cop scratches his thinning hair and confesses.

“one of our sections around the area, has reported a similar case to this one, and I think, it has been committed by the same man, involved in this crime scene, apparently the said man was seen carrying an additional handbag. And it looks identical to the handbag our victim described earlier. So I really ask for forgiveness” he was talking so fast I almost couldn’t hear a word. I open a bag and I see a short note. Donald hurriedly takes the note out of my hands.