Chapter 3: New Friend

Rewritten: 12/30/16

z o e

Wednesday

I grimaced as soon as I looked at myself in the mirror.

I looked horrendous. My makeup from last night was smudged all over my face and my hair decided to have its own party somewhere up there. At this point, I shouldn't even be surprised.

Sighing, I turn on the water to take a shower quickly and then get dressed for school.

15 minutes later, dressed and ready for the day, I grab my school bag, putting in my notebooks and folders inside before throwing it over my shoulder. I take my phone off the charger, shove on my shoes before going down the stairs to the kitchen.

Rummaging through the pantry, I grab a granola bar, ripping open the package. Walking to the fridge, I grab a water bottle from the fridge. Shoving it in my backpack, I grab my car keys, running out the door, locking it.

I run to my car, seeing as I'm going to be late and I can't afford to get another tardy. I shove the key in the keyhole, before stepping on the break.

I soon make it to school with ten minutes to spare. I pick my backpack, getting out, slamming the door shut. I make my way to the front of the school, entering.

Putting in the combination to my locker, I put my backpack in my locker, taking out what I needed and leaving what I didn't need.

My first class of the day is Power Reading which is basically a reading and writing class and I enjoy it a lot. Even though reading isn't something I like doing first thing in the morning, the class is easy and the teacher isn't too annoying, which is good since it's 7 in the morning and dealing with irritating teachers is not something anyone wants.

I shut my locker, making my way to the class. I set my stuff down, taking a seat. I also had this class with Naomi and today it seemed she was coming in late.

The bell rang, as the rest of the class rushed into the classroom, taking their seats. Naomi quickly rushed in behind a blonde haired guy as she speed walked to her desk which was next to me.

"Oh gosh! I woke up late and had to rush to school." Naomi huffed, taking a seat next to me. I chuckle.

"Good morning class." Ms. Hall said, setting her stuff on the desk. She held up a stack of paper, "I hope everyone read the book I assigned them because you all have a test on it on Friday." She smiles, as she starts passing out the papers to everyone. "This is the study guide and if you turn it in on Friday, I'll give you extra credit." She informs us.

I take a look at the paper, looking at the questions. Okay... not bad. Getting extra credit is always helpful.

"You have the rest of the class period. You may work with a partner. Don't cause a disruption. Okay, have fun!"

I turn to look at Naomi, "Have you finished reading it?" I ask her as she nods her head.

"Yeah, it was an okay book, other than the fact that I needed a freaking dictionary next to me to understand half the words," Naomi grumbled.

I laugh, nodding my head. "I know. Those were some big words."

Ms. Hall assigned us the book Frankenstein by Mary Shelley. It was a good read but hard to understand.

"Let's get started. I really don't feel like having homework tonight." Naomi told me as I nod my head, agreeing.

We get to work, answering what we remembered and looking up what we forgot.