Chapter 9: Sarson For Life

Rewritten: 1/15/17

z o e

After Thanksgiving Break

"Oh my gosh!" A girl I recognized from one of my classes exclaimed quite loudly to her friend. "You have to take a look at this!" I think her name was Irene, but then again, I'm probably making it up.

"What? What happened?" Her friend asked.

Okay, so I probably shouldn't eavesdrop, but it's not my fault she's loud and that her locker is only three lockers from mine. I continue to rummage through my backpack, trying to find my pencil that I threw in here.

Irene, or whatever her name is, smiled, "There's a fight happening!" That sparked my interest. Sue me, nothing ever happens in our school other than the occasional dumb high school relationships ending. "Apparently, Sean Matthews was caught making out with Josh Parker's girlfriend at the party that was held Saturday!"

Josh Parker is one of our football players that everyone loved. He's good at football or so I've heard. But, Josh is... a douche-bag. He slept with numerous amounts of people, he didn't have any manners and he was downright disrespectful to all the teachers. I did a project in English with him once and it was horrible. He was no help, he was always rude and didn't do anything on the project.

I let out a silent gasp. Questions started whirling in my mind about Sean. Is he hurt? Did he actually do it? What actually happened?

"Come on, come on, let's go see!" Irene shouts a little too excitedly as she as drags her friend.

"Zoe!" Sierra panted, as she stopped in front of my view. She coughed. "Sean and that dumbãss football dude, Jake? Josh? I don't know but all I know is that it's right by my locker and... there are too many fists being thrown." Sierra said in one breath, letting out a huge sigh. "I can't find Mason or Carson anywhere."

I grimaced, "Is it that bad?" She nodded her head.

"Come on," She sighed. Sierra's locker was in a secluded area and there weren't any classrooms there and the staff members never really came to this area. We quickly ran to where the fight was being held and there was a lot of yelling and fists were being thrown everywhere. No one tried stopping it. Instead, people were choosing sides and yelling, 'fight' every once in awhile.

I gasped loudly. "Why isn't anyone stopping it?! Where are all the teachers?" I shouted.

Sean's face was pretty bruised up and it seemed like a black eye was forming. There was a red mark on the left side of his cheek. But, the other guy seemed like he was having it rough. His eye was turning purple, his cheek was red for sure, and blood was gushing from his nose.

"I didn't even touch your fúcking girlfriend, you piece of shít! I don't even know who the hell she is!" Sean snarled with so much anger in his tone.

"Someone stop them!" I yelled hoping someone would do something. Realizing no one was actually going to do anything, I decided to step in. But, that didn't mean I was actually going to go in between the fight. I'm not stupid. I've seen those cliche movies and read those cliche books. I'm hoping someone stops them or is getting the teacher.

"Sean!" Mason shouted, moving through the numerous amounts of people before standing next to me. "Shít, how long has this been going on?!" He said. "Sean! Stop!" Mason quickly walked to where Sean was standing. Mason, along with a few other people tried to pry Sean and Josh away from each other but it didn't seem to be working.

"No, get the fúck away from me!" Josh shouted with a scowl on his face. "He fúcking made out with my girlfriend! He took advantage of her!"

"Who the..."