Chapter 27: Awake

Rewritten: 7/15/17

z o e

I was awake but at the same time, I wasn't.

Noises, lots of noises was what I could hear. Quiet whispers and sometimes just silence.

I couldn't move my hand or my body as much as I wanted to. I tried and tried but I just couldn't.

I could do this. I could do this. I have to do this. I need to move my hand. I need to wake up. My family and friends are waiting for me to wake up. I needed to know if Sean was okay in the accident. What happened to him?

Why couldn't I do this? Why was I not able to do this? What's wrong with me? Why did this all have to happen? Why me?

Before I know it, I moved my hand. I felt it twitch.

For a while, I couldn't pry my eyes open but now I actually did it. I pried my eyes open, blinking repeatedly. I took a deep breath, feeling really thirsty. I moved my head slowly and realized only Jacob was in the room.

"Water..." I rasped.

His head shot up real fast and he looked frightened but came to his senses really quickly and handed me a cup of water.

"Oh shít, let me go get a nurse." He says quickly before he's out of the room. 

I breathed in again, my head feeling heavy and fuzzy. The room smelled strongly of a hospital, something I did not like. Granted it's supposed to smell like that, I think, I still hated it.

"Oh, you're finally awake." A nurse said smiling, "I'm nurse Amelia, I'm going to take a look at you and I'll let you know what's wrong."

"How long have I been out?" I asked quietly.

"Three days." She told me. "Alright, you seem to be doing okay right now. Your head might still hurt a little and your body is obviously still sore. I would suggest you not move around a lot. I'll be back later to do a few more tests and you should be out in the next day or two." She informs me.

"Thank you," I tell her.

She smiles, "I'll let your family know. They've all been waiting for you."

I smile slightly, "Thanks." I reply.

With one last smile she leaves and seconds later, everyone pours in; mom, John, Jacob, Naomi. They all crowd around me.

"Zoe!" Mom exclaims, rushing over to me. "Oh my, I'm so sorry that happened. Oh my, how are you feeling?"

I take in the comfort of my mom, feeling slightly better. "My head hurts a little. I assume she told you everything?" I said, clearing my throat.

My mom nodded her head, "Yeah, you're going to be on bed rest for a little. You can start moving your body in a little bit after that."

I nod slowly, "Alright." I murmur.

Naomi comes closer. "Zoe you had me worried!" She tells me, "I can't lose my best friend."

Smiling, "You can't lose me, I'm still here, yeah?"

Naomi nods, "Still, oh my gosh, I hope you know how much I love you. The last few days, I couldn't do anything without worrying about you. Hell, we were all so worried. I'm just so happy you're fine."

I smile thankfully for having great people in my life. "Is Sean okay?" I asked. I was itching to know. "How is he? Where is he?"

"He's good. He only passed out and has a few bruises, and I called him and he should be here soon." Jacob answers.

"Passed out?" I asked furrowing my eyebrows in confusion.

Jacob shakes his head, "I'll tell you later." He hands me a glass of water, "Drink some more water, you need it, your body especially needs it now."

I took the glass realizing I needed it more than I thought. The coolness of the water felt nice.

Someone knocked on the door before entering the room. Sean came in, looking very frazzled. He quickly put a container on the table before walking towards me. My parents, Naomi, and Jacob all left the room.

"Zoe." He whispered as the door closed.

"Hi, Sean." I murmured, "How're you feeling?"

He shook his head, "How are you feeling?"

I smile, "I feel fine. My head hurts slightly but that's all. How about you?"

"Better now that I know you're fine." He takes a seat in the chair pulling closer to me. "I..I thought I was going to lose you. I couldn't lose you when I just got you. You mean a lot to me, I hope you know that." He tells me hitting me right in the feels. "I hate that it happened to you."

"Everything happens for a reason." I tell him, "This happened for a reason, one we'll never know." I say softly. "I'm okay, we're both okay, that's all that matters."

"Zoe... I don't know if this is too soon or not but I love you and I want you to know that. You don't have to say it back but I realized that after everything that has happened recently, I can't let the ones I care about, love about, go. I really care about you, Zoe." Sean said softly, grabbing hold of my hand. "We may be too young to know what love is, but everything I feel for you is too strong and I can't live without you."

I feel really emotional right now. Everything Sean is saying is hitting me in the heart. "I really care about you too, Sean. I really do." I say, holding tighter. "I am in love with you. I do love you a lot. You mean a lot to me."

"Can I kiss you?" He asks.

I beam at him, "Yes. You never have to ask." I replied just as he plants his lips on mine. I savor in the kiss.

The kiss was filled with a lot of passion and love. It felt a lot different than the other ones we shared. It was magical per say.

He soon pulled apart. "I love you, gorgeous."

"I love you too." I smile widely, "Have I ever told you that I really like that nickname?"

Sean laughs, "No, but I'm glad you do because you are gorgeous, beautiful, pretty, I could go on all day."

I laugh, "You're too much."

"You love me anyway."

"Unfortunately." I tease.

♡♡

Author's Note: disclaimer, i know nothing about the medical field, about accidents, things like that, i do not know anything of that sort. so a lot of things probably do not make sense. just let me know what i did wrong and i'll fix it. (:

i wrote chapter 28 before writing this chapter so now i can officially say that chemistry partners is completed! i am so happy.

how was this chapter? i feel a bit eh about it so i might go back and fix it later on. it's pretty short to be honest. this chapter was more about sean and zoe so yeah. please comment, vote, let me know what you think. (:

i love you and i'll see you soon.

xoxo - Mayyy