Chapter 20: Yes or No

Rewritten: 05/31/17

z o e

(Wednesday)

"Today, we're going to be doing a lab. I hope you're all prepared and did the lab discussion worksheet I handed out yesterday." Mrs. Haynes said. "Please up up the worksheet."

I rummaged through my folder before pulling out the worksheet, handing it to the person in front of me.

"Get out your goggles and wait for more instructions," She said as she collected the worksheets from the people in the front. She straightened out the paper and paper clipped it before putting the stack on her top of her desk. She then proceeded to pass out another packet. "This packet has all the information you need to know."

"Naomi, please hand out one of these to each group." Mrs. Haynes said. Naomi quickly got up and took the basket from her hand. "After she passes those out, I'll explain more about this."

In the end, someone almost burned their hair and the whole classroom smelled terrible.

---

"Zoe, Naomi, meet Alessia," Derek said popping out of nowhere.

"Jeez! What the hell is wrong with you? How many times have I told you not to do that?!" Naomi exclaimed, scowling at him. Her scowl immediately changed to a smile, "Oh my gosh, we heard so much about you!" She exclaimed.

Alessia looked shocked before a shy smile appeared on her face. "Hello."

Derek face-palmed. "This is why I never introduced you people," Derek said, before turning to Alessia. "I'm sorry, babe. These are the people that I call my friend, unfortunately. They're both...weird."

I cooed on the inside. They're so cute!

I gasped, "Rude. I'm not that crazy, Naomi's insane."

"I swear, you people really hate me." Naomi pouted.

Alessia giggled, "I like your friends."

"You won't be saying that once you truly get to know them."

"Alessia, how can you even stand him?" Naomi asked, shaking her head.

She laughed in response. "I've learned to tolerate him." She joked.

Derek pouted, "So, I wasn't tolerable before?"

"Eh."

"Anyone want to get lunch?" I asked.

Derek snorted, "Is that all you think about?"

"Yeah besides Tyler Posey, food is my main priority."

My friends rolled their eyes at me.

"I love Tyler Posey! He's amazing and incredibly hot!" Alessia gushed.

I grinned, "He really is!"

The four of us started walking to the cafeteria, getting in line. We chatted about a bunch of random things as we got our lunch tray before making our way to our usual seat.

"Hey. We were planning on getting ice cream later, Zoe and I, do you want to come with us? We might also go shopping." Naomi asked Alessia with a smile on her face.

I nodded my head. "Yeah, it'll be fun. Plus, we can tell you a bunch of embarrassing stuff about Derek."

Derek scoffed. "Who the hell are you? My mom. That's a parent thing, Zoe."

Alessia laughed. "Sure, I'd love to."

"Don't go! They'll corrupt you!" Derek exclaimed dramatically holding a hand to his heart. "I can't have that!"