Chapter 13: Brayden's Back

Rewritten: 02/25/17

z o e

Trying to avoid someone is never the right thing to do. Yet, I'm doing that. And, I hate myself for it. It also sucks that the person you are trying to avoid shares classes with you. It also sucks that his friends are in your class and are trying to talk to you but you decide to be a complete asshóle and ignore them, or, well, attempt to ignore them.

Right as the bell rings, I rush out of the classroom with my binders close to me. I quickly walk away to my next class. Mason was in this class but he didn't try to bring up the fact that Sean and I were acting weird early this morning and I was thankful for that.

I sighed, dropping my math stuff on my desk.

"You look like you've had a rough day even though it's only second hour. What happened?" Joe asked me, looking at me curiously.

"Rough weekend," I simply answered.

"Ah," Joe nodded his head. "Well, I'm here if ya wanna talk about it."

I smiled, "Thanks, Joe."

Mr. McNeil, our math teacher, cleared his throat, "Let's begin class, shall we?"

I was dreading next hour. Not only was Sean in that class, Mason and Carson were also in that class.

I could always skip...

All because of a boy?! I grimaced. I need to get myself together. Whining and moaning about a stupid boy is not going to get me anywhere. I need to toughen up and forget about that. After all, it was just a kiss. I'm just being stupid, very stupid. It doesn't matter to him, so why should it matter to me? It's only just a small little kiss...

Maybe it's that time of the month, that's why I'm acting so crazy...

"I'll see you soon, Joe," I told him, trudging out of math class with Joe.

Joe smiled, "See you then." he waved, walking off another direction.

Naomi soon caught up with me, panting slightly. "Guess what? We have a sub today in class!" Naomi exclaimed. "You're sitting next to me, no questions asked."

I still haven't told Naomi what happened and how much of an idiot I've been.

"Oh, goodie!" I smiled, for the second time this morning.

Naomi and I walked to our class and there was a sub. The whole class was chattering away happily and everyone seemed to be in different seats.

The substitute cleared his throat loudly, "Your teacher assigned this and it's due tomorrow!" He handed a stack of paper to a girl who sat in the front and ordered her to pass them to the class.

"Oh, guess what! Want to come over after school? Brayden's back. We can all go to the mall later." Naomi told me. Brayden's Naomi's brother and he's a pretty cool dude. I've known him for as long as I've known Naomi. We all pretty much grew up together.

"Yeah, I'd love too." I grinned. I haven't seen him in a long time and it'd be nice to catch up with him.

I looked around the classroom and realized Sean had not shown up.

---

"You look sad," Derek stated, taking a seat next to me on the ground. Naomi was in band practice during lunch and I didn't want to spend lunch inside so I came outside.

"How'd you find me?" I asked instead.

He shrugged, "Saw you come out here and followed you. Now, are you going to explain why you're sad?"