Chapter 23: Terrible Day

Rewritten: 7/05/17

z o e

"We're off to Dad's house this weekend," Jacob told me during breakfast.

I scooped up more cereal, shoveling some in my mouth. "Alright," I said with my mouth full. Disgusting, I know.

Jacob wrinkled his nose, "You're gross."

"Thanks," I replied. I checked my phone and swore. I'm going to be late! Again! Quickly grabbing my bowl, I left it in the sink. Picking up my phone and my car keys, along with my backpack, I shoved on a pair of shoes and yelled goodbye to my family before leaving my house.

I looked at the date on my phone and the smile on my face vanished as soon as I realized what was coming up.

My grandma had passed away around this time three years ago. Ever since then, this month has never been my favorite. Everything terrible happened in the month of March.

Sighing, I put my phone away and started my car, driving off to school a few seconds later.

I arrived at school five minutes ago and I still couldn't open my locker. I don't know if that thing hates me or not but I hate it and it never does it's one job! Frustrated, I banged the locker with my fist. Class was starting soon and I still needed my books and folders.

"Open up!"

"Um... Zoe, babe, that's not your locker." I heard Sean say as he appeared out of nowhere.

"What do you mean it's not my locker? Of course, it is, my lockers 75...and this is 76..fück my life." I whispered at the end. I was so close to banging my head on this damn locker.

Sean softly chuckled, grasping my hands in his. "You're stressed." He stated. "What's wrong?"

I sighed, "I don't want to talk about it now. I just..I want to go home and eat ice cream while I watch my favorite TV show and I just want to cuddle. But I'm stuck here in this hellhole." I told him. Everything I just told him is true. It's all I want to do today.

"I'm sorry about what's stressing you out." Sean murmured, "Tell me when you're ready, yeah? I'll be there in a heartbeat."

I smiled grateful for a such an amazing boyfriend, "You're amazing."

"C'mon, I'll drop you off to class."

I picked up everything I needed for class, closed my locker, and grabbed Sean's hand. "I'm off to dad's house this weekend," I tell him.

"Aw man, I was planning on going on a date week." He pouts.

I frowned, "I'm sorry, how about next week?"

"That works too."

---

I think today is just not my day. First, I forgot an assignment that was due today and got yelled at. Second, instead of grabbing my math stuff, I grabbed my history stuff and we also had an assignment due that I didn't do, once again. Now, I just tripped in front of a bunch of people in the lunchroom and almost got food all over myself.

I slowly breathed in and out, blocking out the laughter from people.

Someone grabbed my shoulders and pulled me up, "C'mon." He whispered, wrapping his arms around me and pulling me out of the lunchroom.

I breathed in and out, trying to calm my breathing.

"I...today is just not my day," I said quietly. "I just feel so anxious."

"I'm sorry." Sean murmured. "Do you want to go home?" He asked me before seeing the look on my face. "My house?"

"My mom, though. They'll call."