Chapter 12: Kisses & Mistakes

Rewritten: 2/20/17

z o e

I munched on my cereal, scrolling through my twitter feed. I scooped up more cereal with my spoon, shoving it in my mouth.

"Zoe, we're off to a business party and you and Jacob are coming with us, got it? No questions asked, alright?" Mom said, sitting down. She placed her breakfast plate on the table and grabbed the maple syrup, drizzling on the pancakes.

I groaned, setting my phone down, "Why, mom?"

"Hush child, I said no questions."

I groaned, "But..."

"Also, we're going dress shopping in a little bit, so be ready." Mom smiled brightly. "Hope you're excited.

"Woohoo, so excited." I faked excitement. I chuckled, "Fine."

Mom nodded her head, "Good, I expect you to be ready in 20 minutes."

I sighed, "Alright." I grabbed my empty bowl and put it in the sink.

I quickly run upstairs and open up my laptop. I log onto my Netflix account and click on Pretty Little Liars and continue from my last episode.

I walk over to my closet and grabbed a random hoodie and a pair of leggings. I change into the outfit and flop onto my bed, pulling my laptop closer to me.

20 minutes later, I was in my mom's car and we were on our way to the mall.

"What about this dress?" Mom held up a navy blue dress. I shook my head.

"No, too plain. Gotta impress the guys right?" I joked. "Kidding, I only have my eyes on Tyler Posey."

Mom chuckled. "Remember the Matthews? When we went to dinner with them a couple weeks ago?" She questioned me.

I nodded my head, "Mhm." I held up another dress for my mom's approval. Honestly, moms approvals are always great. I'll always go to my mom for anything. She shook her head.

"Sean, was it? He's cute, right?" Mom raised an eyebrow.

I raised an eyebrow back. "Sure...I guess?" Talking about boys, real life boys, not TV show boys, with my mom is very strange.

"He'll be there."

My heart did a tiny flip. "Yeah?" Now, I'm interested.

Mom grinned. "Nothing."

"Okay, okay... let's find a dress."

We ended up picking a long sleeveless halter peach colored dress, the top of it was bedazzled and the bottom was pale pink

"Now, all we need are a pair of heels and maybe a clutch and we're good to go." Mom said.

"Can we please get something to eat? I just wanna go home and sleep."