Chapter 18: Stars & Kisses

Rewritten: 05/23/17

z o e

(New Years)

Fast forward a few days after Christmas and suddenly it's a new year. It felt crazy that in just a few hours, it's going to be January again. Being it a new year didn't change anything. I'm still doing the same thing over and over but I like to think that maybe, maybe this year would be the year I'm doing something different. At least that's what I try to make myself believe.

A few days ago, I went to see my dad for Christmas and it was really nice. I haven't seen Julie and Yasmin in a while and it was nice to see them. We had a great, late, Christmas dinner at a fancy restaurant and the steak that I had was really good. I definitely plan on going back there.

Yesterday, Sean invited me to a very last minute New Year's party. I had a couple hours before I had to go there so now I planned on binge watching a couple of episodes of Modern Family while I eat the leftover Christmas desserts.

My mind went back to a few days again, Christmas Eve exactly. I did not think Sean would actually kiss me nor did I think that I would kiss him back. His lips were so soft but not too soft. He definitely knows how to kiss, though I'll never tell him. My lips tingled in delight.

With a small smile, I shook away those thoughts and focused on the what was in front of me; a bowl of my favorite cookies and an episode of Modern Family.

Somehow, someway, it's been three hours since I've last checked the time and suddenly, it was only thirty minutes before I had to leave.

I wouldn't have checked the time if Naomi hadn't texted me eighty times along with Sean and Carson.

Sighing, I clicked out of Netflix and logged onto my Spotify account and played one of my recent playlists. With Imagine Dragons in the background, I cleaned my bed and quickly put together an outfit.

I pulled out a black skater skirt with shorts underneath just to be safe and a golden top with my favorite black booties. It's simple, cute, and comfortable. I did a simple makeup look and for my hair, I had in braids and took those out. I brushed my hair and pinned it back to make it look somewhat presentable.

Spraying a little bit of perfume, I put on my shoes. With a smile, I left my room with my phone in hand. Surprisingly, my skirt had a pocket, so I didn't have to carry around a purse with me.

Fifteen minutes later, in the street of Sean's place, I was attempting to find a parking spot. I did not think he was going to invite so many people.

After finally finding a parking spot, I leave my locked car and walk up the driveway to the front porch.

Slowly making my way inside, I shoot Naomi a text asking if she had already arrived.

"You're here!" I heard the familiar voice of my best friend shout, throwing her arms around me.

I stumbled back slightly, chuckling. "Yikes," I muttered, steadying the two of us. "Please tell me you haven't drunk any alcohol?"

Naomi giggled in response, "Well...there was a bowl of fruit punch... but from all those shows I've seen, I.. I think it's alcohol..."

I face-palmed, "Naomi, you dumbáss."

Naomi giggled some more, "Sean's been looking for you... I think he likes you, a lot. Like a lot, a lot."

"Naomi, you're drunk," I said instead.

"But... you also like him but you...you don't want to admit it." Naomi swayed back slightly, letting out a bunch of giggles. "You guys are idiots."