Chapter 12:

Brock was downstairs watching cartoons while Zak was cleaning up the house. Brock soon got bored and decided to move around.

"Da-ddy?" Brock spoke, as he stood up on the sofa in hope to get his attention. "Yeah?" Zak responded, as he stopped what he was doing and came over to him before picking him up and holding him close. "Swim?" Brock asked, as he smiled slightly. He still wanted to go swimming as he wasn't allowed to the day before. "Later Brock, it's only ten am" Zak told his son. "But-" Brock began, his smile was replaced by a slight frown as he looked down to the ground sadly. "It's still very early, Brock, but Annabelle's coming over later." He told the little boy, in order to lighten the mood slightly. Brock smiled at this. "-kay, da-ddy." He smiled, as Zak placed him back onto the sofa in order to finish cleaning up the house.

Once Zak was done cleaning, he joined Brock on the sofa. The little boy immediately noticed that his daddy had sat with him and decided that he was going to sit on his lap but facing him. 

"Da-ddy?" Brock began, as he looked up at his daddy. "Mhm?" Zak responded. "When  Mommy home?" He asked, as he began to look into the hallway. "She's coming home tomorrow." Zak told his son once Brock had turned around to face him again. "Oh...Long time!" Brock complained, as he frowned slightly. "I know, do you miss her?" Zak asked him, before receiving a slight nod from Brock in reply. "Me too Brock, me too." He admitted.

*DING-DONG!*

Zak and Brock's conversation was interrupted by the doorbell. Zak placed Brock beside him as he got up and walked towards the front door. Brock got up from the sofa and ran over to the window that looked out to the street.

"Da-ddy! Ann-belle here!" Brock exclaimed,  as he jumped up and down excitedly before running over to the front door. "Calm down, Brock!" Zak laughed in response to seeing how excited Brock was to see Annabelle. 

Zak soon opened the front door which revealed Nick and Annabelle. "Ann-belle!" Brock exclaimed as Annabelle stepped inside the door. "Brock!" She said, hugging him close. "Swim?" Brock asked Annabelle, hoping that she'd say yes to the idea. "You both can swim in a few, it's still a little early." Zak told them before turning his attention back to Nick. "I've gotta go to the mall but I'll be back later on, see you." Nick spoke, as he gave a slight wave goodbye to Zak, Brock and Annabelle. "Okay, see you soon." Zak smiled slightly as he watched Nick get into his car and drive off.

Brock and Annabelle ran off to play with a few off Brock's toys but it wasn't long until they both got bored with the toys that they were playing with. "Swim! Swim! Swim!" Brock shouted loudly, as he got up from the living room floor and started jumping around. "Shhh!" Zak told him, as he put his finger to his lips. Brock stopped shouting and jumping and started giggling.

"I've got my costume on underneath my clothes" Annabelle told Zak as she too got up from the floor. "Ah okay, are you able to change out of those clothes by yourself?" He asked her. She nodded vigorously in reply.

Brock then ran upstairs, he wanted to go and change into his swim shorts. Annabelle soon followed him up the stairs. Seeing that both of the kids had ran off in a hurry, Zak decided to go upstairs and see what they were doing. As soon as he made it upstairs, he saw Brock running around without his shirt on. 

"Did you take that off by yourself?" Zak asked him, as she watched the little boy jump and run around slightly. "Ann-belle help" Brock told his daddy. "C'mere so I can help you change into your swim shorts" Zak spoke, as he bent down and held out his arms for his little boy to jump into. 

Brock ignored this and continued to run around. "If you don't stop running around, they'll be no swimming for you" Zak told him sternly, but calmly. Brock soon stopped running and giggled slightly before running towards his daddy and jumping into his arms. Zak picked his son up and sat him on his hip before taking him into his bedroom.