Chapter 19:

Thankfully, Brock's stomach bug and fever had seemed to disappeared reasonably quickly and only took roughly two days in total for the little boy to feel like his normal self again. 

Halloween was vastly approaching and because of this, both Zak and Brianna decided that it would be time to take Brock to the shops to get him a Halloween costume as well as getting some Halloween decorations for both inside the house and outside. 

"Ready to go, Brock?" Zak asked the little boy who was jumping up and down with excitement. "Yeah!" Brock exclaimed, as Brianna helped her son get his coat on. Although it wasn't exactly freezing just yet, it wasn't exactly that warm today either. "What do you want to be for Halloween this year, Brock?" Brianna asked Brock as she zipped up his coat for him. "Um...Spiderman!" Brock declared, as he jumped up and down a little more. 

Zak chuckled slightly at this. "Are you looking forward to going trick-or-treating on Halloween for the very first time?" He asked him. Brock nodded his head vigorously as he began to do some sort of happy dance. "Well, I'm glad you're looking forward to it, it'll be an experience-" Zak continued. Brock tilted his head to the side. "What dat mean?" Brock wondered. "I'm going to try and explain this as simply as I can but it's basically when an event or something that you may do at some point in your life leaves an impression on you so for example, you may decide tomorrow that you want to learn how to ride a bike without training wheels and that would be an experience for you because you've never done it before." Zak explained to his small son who was trying his best to understand it. "Oh, o-kay." Brock responded.

"Right, we better go before the shop shuts." Brianna spoke, wanting to hurry her boys a little. "But it doesn't close till'-" Zak began before Brianna pressed her finger on her lips. "Ah yeah, so it does, c'mon let's go." Zak agreed. 

The three of them left the house and got into the car very quickly. They wanted to have enough time at the store to look around for Halloween related things. 

It wasn't long until they arrived at the store. Brock was so excited, that he was trying to unbuckle himself from his own seat. "Brock, please wait until the car's stopped, we're still trying to find a parking spot." Brianna told him, as she looked at him through the car's view mirror. Brock made a few grumbling and whining noises before continuing to try and unbuckle himself. "Brock, if you don't listen to what mommy's saying, there will be no trick or treating for you." Zak spoke sternly, as he too, looked at his son in the reflection of the car view mirror. As soon as Brock heard this, he frowned a little, however, stopped what he was doing.

They soon found a parking space and Zak turned off the car's engine. "Alright, are we ready to go Halloween shopping?" He spoke, as he turned around to look back at his excited son. "Yeah!" Brock exclaimed, as he put his hands up in the air. 

As soon as they got into the store, Zak placed Brock down on the ground. "Stay close, Brock, it's a little busy in here." Zak told him as soon as he placed his son down. However, the minute Brock was set back on the ground, he proceeded to run off towards where the Halloween stuff was located. Brianna sighed to herself. Brock usually wasn't like this, he would usually listen to his parents' commands but instead, he wasn't. "Maybe he's just excited and overwhelmed by all of it because it's his first Halloween-" She suggested, as both her and Zak picked up the pace as they tried to catch up with Brock. 

"Brock! Stay there please!" Brianna called to the little boy, not wanting him to go too far out of sight. Brock stopped for a moment or two and waited till his parents were a little closer before running off again. Thankfully he was running in the direction of the Halloween stuff so he was bound to stop as soon as he found something he'd like. In which he did.