Chapter 9:

"Brock? Are you awake?" Zak began, as he walked over to the blinds that had stopped the light from coming through the window, and opened them. The light shone through the window and into Brock's room. 

Brock soon rubbed his eyes and yawned. He was still tired, however, knew that he was going to be unable to go back to sleep now. "Yea-" He replied, as he answered his daddy's question. Although he was awake, he didn't really want to be. He would much rather stay in bed a little longer and sleep until he no longer felt tired. 

"Okay, so mommy has gone away for a week's vacation with her sister, or your aunt." Zak told his little boy just in case Brock would go looking for his mommy later on. "Oh, kay" Brock responded. He felt a little sad but that would soon disappear. "So, we're gonna do a lot of things in that space of time" Zak smiled at his son,"So then you won't be sad about missing mommy." 

Brock nodded slightly in response. "What we do?" He wondered, as he sat upright on his bed, leaning against his spiderman pillow. "Later, Nick is bringing over his daughters, Annabelle and Chloe so that you can play with the both of them." Zak told Brock, as he sat down on his bed. "Who Anna-" Brock asked, as he tried to pronounce Annabelle's name. "You've met Annabelle once before, but you were only one years old so you wouldn't remember." Zak replied. "Who Chloe?" Brock asked next. "Annabelle's little sister, she's a few months old and you're going to meet her later." Zak smiled slightly. 

"-kay" Brock replied. "So in the meantime, you need to have breakfast, have a bath and get ready for the day, okay?" Zak spoke, in hope that it was going to be relatively easy to get Brock ready even though Brianna wasn't home. 

Brock nodded in response to this. "Alright, let's go downstairs shall we?" Zak said, as he got up and proceeded to walk out of Brock's room, thinking that Brock would follow him. However, Brock sat in his bed. He didn't want to walk all the way downstairs. Zak soon walked back into Brock's room and tilted his head to the side. "You okay, Brock?" He asked him, as he walked back over to the little boy. "Carry?" He asked his daddy, he didn't feel like walking just yet. 

Zak smiled slightly. "Alright then, c'mere." He replied, as he opened his arms out for his little boy to jump into. Brock soon jumped into his daddy's arms so that he could be picked up. Zak held his little boy close to him and carried him downstairs.

"Daddy?" Brock began. "Yeah?" Zak responded, keeping his eye on the stairs so he wouldn't trip down them. "Can watch tv?" Brock asked nicely, as he smiled slightly. "Sure, only for a little while though." Zak told him as he walked into the living room with his son and sat him down on the sofa with his blanket. Zak then proceeded to turn on the TV for him and switched through the channels to find a suitable programme for him to watch. He soon settled on Curious George.

"Brock, what do you want for breakfast?" Zak asked next, as he sat down on the sofa next to him. "Candy!" Brock exclaimed, as he put his hands in the air and smiled to himself. "You can't have candy for breakfast, it's unhealthy." Zak told him. "Aw..." Brock trailed, as his smile was soon replaced with a frown. "Which cereal would you like?" Zak asked him instead, he didn't want his little boy demanding for candy so early in the morning. "Froot loop!" Brock exclaimed once more, as he put his arms in the air. "Okay but I'm not going to give you masses as they're quite sugary." Zak replied, as he stood up to leave the living room. 

Zak soon returned to Brock with a small bowl of Fruit Loops, just as he had asked for. He placed the bowl on the table and told Brock that he could only eat his cereal if he was to sit on the floor and have it at the table. He didn't want Brock either spilling the cereal on himself, on the sofa or on the rug below him.