Chapter 4:

Usually while Zak was out of town filming for Ghost Adventures with his crew, Brianna would take care of Brock all by herself. However, due to the fact that he had a few days off, Zak decided that he would spend some quality time with his little boy.

Brock was up at the crack of dawn, bursting with energy as he raced up and down the hall. Zak, who was looking forward to a lie in, wasn't too impressed by the fact he had been woken up at 6:30am. No matter how much Zak had tried, Brock would not fall back to sleep. Instead, he reluctantly made his way down the stairs with his small son.

"Jeez Brock, how comes you're up so early?" Zak yawned, as he carried the little boy on hip. "It's still dark out."

Brock shrugged. He had no idea why he was awake so early.

"Did you have a bad dream?" Zak wondered, approaching the sofa.

Brock thought to himself. He was very hesitant to answer. Alternatively, he stayed quiet.

"I understand if you don't wanna talk about it, bad dreams can be scary, but I want you to remember that no matter what, Daddy is here, and I will always protect you. All right?" He promised, not taking his eyes off his little boy as he spoke.

"-kay D-addy..." Brock responded finally, still feeling a little apprehensive.

Since it was too early to make breakfast, Zak decided to put on the TV and find a suitable programme for the two of them to watch. Since a lot of the kids' tv channels hadn't started for the day, he concluded that perhaps it would be a lot easier to find something to watch on Netflix instead.

After a while of debating between a movie or a tv show, Zak went with The Muppets Movie thinking it would be something that Brock would enjoy.

"Ready to sit down and watch the movie, Brock?" Zak spoke, hoping that the little boy would sit still for at least ten minutes.

"Yeah!" Brock cheered at the top of his voice, as he climbed onto the sofa and jumped up and down with excitement.

"Shh! Not so loud, it's still early! And besides, Mommy's still sleeping." Zak hushed, placing an index finger on his lips.

"Oh." Brock mouthed, copying his Daddy.

The only way that Brock could relax and enjoy the movie was for Zak to lay down on the sofa beside him. However, Brock preferred to snuggle up to his daddy and lay his head on his chest.

The little boy was able to concentrate on the movie for a little while, but the lack of sleep soon caught up with him. Yawning, Brock rotated so he was lying on his tummy and so that he was facing his daddy. His eyelids grew heavy, the sound of the Muppets' voices gradually zoned out as Brock fell into a deep sleep.

As he was unable to move from the sofa, Zak decided to try and catch up on some work. However, he realised that this would be impossible with a two-year-old sprawled across him. Instead, Zak took this opportunity to catch up on some well-deserved sleep.

"See you later, babe." Zak heard someone whisper in right ear. His eyes shot open, thinking he had imagined something or someone nearby until he heard a faint chuckle. "Don't worry, I won't be gone for long." The same voice spoke.

Zak looked up slowly, his eyes were still trying to adjust to the brightly lit living room which was now filled with sunshine. "Huh?"

"I'm off to visit my parents, remember? I'll be back on Sunday evening." Brianna mentioned, smiling warmly.

"Ah yes, sorry, I must've-" Zak began, rubbing his eyes before looking around the room to check if the TV was still on.

"It's alright, don't worry. You're going to need all the sleep you can get because you know full well that Brock is an early riser." She reminded him, checking her watch which showed that it had just gone 9 am.