Chapter 14:

Tomorrow is a very special day. It's Brock's third birthday. Both Brianna and Zak couldn't believe how he was almost three already. 

"Brock, C'mere-" Zak said. He was sat on the sofa next to Brianna as they were watching a movie. Brock, in the meantime, was playing with his toys on the rug below them. Brock picked up his toy truck and waddled over to his mommy and daddy. 

"Do you know what day it is tomorrow?" Zak asked him, as he picked his small son up and sat him on his lap. "-No." Brock replied, innocently. "Tomorrow's your birthday, do you know how old you're gonna be?" Brianna asked him. Brock hesitated to answer and didn't end up saying anything. "You're currently two but what number comes after two?" Zak asked his son. "T-wee?" Brock questioned, as he counted the numbers on his fingers. "Yes and tomorrow you're going to be three years old!" Brianna smiled at Brock who seemed very excited by this. "Ooh!" He squealed. 

Zak laughed at this, "Are you excited?" He wondered. "-Yea" Brock replied, as he started to smile too. "And tomorrow we're also having a birthday party for you here, Nick's going to bring Annabelle and Chloe, Aaron is bringing his nieces, Billy and Jay are also coming and my mom, well your grandma, is coming" Zak told Brock who seemed to be listening very closely to what his daddy had to say. "Also, my parents or your other granny and grandpa are living in Canada but they've come over especially for your birthday tomorrow" Brianna told him. "Yay" Brock smiled. He loved his family and friends.

It was sometime later. Brianna and Zak thought it would be a good idea to take Brock to the mall and let him pick out a few things that he wanted for his birthday. They already had a whole bunch that they had been getting throughout the year but they thought it would be cool if Brock was able to pick out a few of his presents.

"Brock? Are you ready to go to the mall?" Zak asked him. Brock was sat on the stairs next to Gracie. Brianna was in the process of helping Brock get his light up sneakers on, as well as his jacket. "Shall we go? Are you ready?" Zak said, once he had waited for Brianna to help Brock with his shoes and jacket. Brock nodded slowly. "C'mon then-" Zak smiled, as he motioned for Brock to follow him out the front door. Brock carefully made his way down the last few stairs and stood by the front door. "Da-ddy?" He began, as he saw his daddy walking to the car. Zak stopped what he was doing and turned around to face his son. "What is it, Brock?" He asked him. "C-arry?" Brock asked his daddy, "Pwease." 

Zak smiled at Brock. "Of course-" He said, as he walked back to where Brock was standing and picked him up. He sat him on his hip and walked back to the car. He then proceeded to open the back door of the car before placing Brock in his car seat and strapped him in securely. Once that was done, he shut the door on Brock's side and opened his instead. He got into the car and started the engine. 

Once Brianna had finished doing her make-up in the mirror, she came out of the house and locked the front door behind her. She then jogged over to the passenger side door of the car and opened it before hopping in and putting her seat belt on. "Sorry about that, I had to fix my eyeliner." She told them both, but mainly Zak. "That's okay, I had only just got Brock into his seat and sat in the car." Zak told her, as he smiled slightly. 

Zak backed out of the drive and began to drive to the mall.

It wasn't long until they made it to the mall. Zak parked conveniently close to the entrance so that they wouldn't have to walk far. Brock had been asleep since they had set off because he would usually have his nap around the same time.

"Zak, look at Brock-" Brianna whispered loud enough for him to hear, "He's asleep." He turned around to look at his sleeping toddler. "So he is, aww" Zak cooed as a small smile appeared on his face. "Should we wake him up?" Brianna asked him, quietly. "We're gonna have to, especially if we want Brock to pick out his birthday presents." Zak responded, as he turned around once more to look at Brock who was definitely fast asleep. "True." Brianna agreed.