Chapter 2:

"I'm going to the mall! Be back later!" Brianna called around the house, hoping either Zak or Brock would be able to hear her.

Before Brianna was able to make it out the door, the sound of Brock running around the hall could be heard.

"Mommy! Mommy! Mommy!" Brock chanted, as he began to jump up at down.

"What is it baby?" Bri asked her small son, who had a cheeky grin on his face.

"I go pool!" Brock exclaimed, as he continued to jump around.

"Did Daddy say you could?" She smiled at him, he leant into her so that she could ruffle his hair.

Brock nodded vigorously in reply and smiled before putting his arms around his mom. "Bye-bye!"

He watched from the nearby window as his mommy drove off and out of sight before running off to find something to do.

A while later, Zak came downstairs to look for Brock. He had found him playing with his Lego Duplo bricks.

"Brock, do you wanna put your bathing suit on?" Zak asked him, in hope that Brock was still keen to go swimming.

"Yeah!" He chirped, as he pushed his Legos to the side and jumped up.

"Alright c'mere" Zak smiled as he crouched down slightly.

Brock jumped straight into his arms so that he could be carried upstairs.

"Daddy look, Gracie!" Brock spoke, pointing to Gracie who was trailing behind them.

"She's coming upstairs with us." Zak told him as he smiled slightly.

"She s-wim too?" Brock wondered as he looked at Gracie who was proudly following them.

"Maybe" Zak replied.

As Zak helped Brock get changed into his swim shorts, Gracie sat on the bed, waiting for them.

"Gracie you s-wim?" Brock asked her, as he patted her head.

Gracie barked in response.

"Well maybe she will" Zak told him.

A smile formed on Brock's face. "We s-wim now?" The little boy asked excitedly, as he began to jump up and down on the bed.

"Alright, c'mon then-" Zak replied, giving in to the very hyper little boy.

Brock jumped off the bed and landed like Spiderman before picking himself back up from the ground and running out of the room.

Zak followed closely behind with Gracie next to him, to make sure that Brock wasn't getting up to mischief.

Already knowing that Brock was as hyper as can be, Zak decided that the easiest thing to do was to carry Brock the rest of the way to the pool. At least then he could make sure that the little boy wouldn't slip or fall in.

Zak sat Brock down on a sun lounger and began to apply the little boy's sunscreen.

"Yuck!" Brock complained as he tried his best to rub the sunscreen off him.

"Brock, if you wanna play in the pool, you have to wear sunscreen, or you'll get sunburnt," Zak warned his son.

Brock, who didn't seem to know the meaning of the word, simply shrugged his shoulders.

"Sunburn is very painful, Brock." Zak spoke as he bent down next to the little boy. "It's either that or you can't play outdoors and go in the pool."