Chapter 8:

Brock was running around the house looking for his daddy. He was quite bored and wanted to do something to distract him from his bored-ness.

"Daddy?" Brock began, as he entered the kitchen. "Yes Brock, what is it?" Zak asked his son as he lifted him onto the kitchen counter top. "We go beach?" Brock asked. Brock had never been to the beach, or so he thought. "The beach? There isn't one in Las Vegas, Brock." Zak told him. "Oh..." Brock trailed. His slight smile turned to a frown upon hearing this. "The nearest one is in California and that's around four hours away." Zak continued.

"I never been" Brock said, sadly. "Actually, you have, we took you when you were a baby." Zak told his little boy. "I not re-mber" Brock replied. He was sad because of this. "That's because you were only six months old" Zak responded. Although Brock couldn't remember going to the beach, both Brianna and Zak took him when he was very young which explained why Brock was unable to remember it.

"When go beach?" Brock wondered, as he tilted his head to the side. "Maybe next summer, it's quite cold at the moment." Zak suggested. "Long -way." Brock frowned. "I know it is but when it's summer or at least warm enough and too hot in Vegas, we can take a trip down to Venice beach or maybe even Santa Monica Pier." Zak told him. "But for now, how about I take you to another park which has rings?" 

Brock raised his eyebrows a little. "What 'dat?" He wondered. "The rings? They're like the ones down on Venice beach however you swing from one to the other. They're like the monkey bars-" Zak explained as simply as he could, hoping that Brock was able to understand him. 

"Ooh" Brock smiled slightly. He had managed to completely forget about the idea of the beach and was now more interested in the rings at the beach. Brock had never been on the rings before. Not just the ones at Venice beach but the ones at the park, however, he had seen a lot of the big kids go on them. 

"Babe?" Zak called to wherever Brianna was. "Yeah?" She responded, as she walked into the kitchen where she found her husband and her son. "Brock and I are going to go to a park where he can practise the monkey bars and the rings for when we go to Venice in the Summer." Zak told her. "Would you like to come with us?" 

"Of course, I'd love to come." She smiled at the two of them. She managed to make Brock smile back at her. 

Zak had decided that he was going to drive to this park just because it would've taken at least twenty minutes or more to walk there and he knew that Brock would probably be tired out by the time that they had been at the park for a lot time. 

Brianna had strapped Brock into his car seat before climbing into the passenger seat in the front. Zak had locked up and made sure that every door or window was locked before sitting into the driver's seat and starting the car engine. 

"Daddy?" Brock said a few minutes later. "What is it, Brock?" Zak asked him as he was trying not to take his eyes off of the road. "When there?" Brock asked, as he started to kick his legs slightly. "Just a few more minutes, we won't be long." Zak reassured him before turning his attention completely back to the road in front of him. 

It wasn't long until they had arrived at the park. Zak parked the car as close to the park as possible so that they wouldn't have to walk so far. 

"Alright Brock, we're here." Zak said, as he looked at him through the car's view mirror and jumped out of his seat. Brianna was already out of the car by this point and had proceeded to unbuckle Brock from his car seat. 

"Ready to go?" She asked him, as she lifted him out of his car seat and onto the ground. Brock nodded vigorously as he waited for his mommy and daddy to be ready. "Right, let's go shall we?" Zak asked his little boy who nodded once again. "Brock, would you like me to carry you?" Brianna asked him as she saw that the little boy was growing impatient and didn't look in the mood for walking. Brock replied with a slight nod before being scooped up by his mommy and as she sat him on her hip. 

Once inside the park, Brianna let Brock down to go and explore all that the park had to offer. Brock was looking around for the rings that his daddy was talking about but couldn't quite see them. "Brock, over here." Zak called to him. Brock turned around and saw his daddy standing in the opposite direction that he was in by what looked to be the rings that he was on about. Brock immediately started to run over to where his daddy was. As soon as he was close, Brock ended up tripping over his own feet as he fell onto the ground. 

Brianna saw this and quickly ran over to check that Brock was okay. Thankfully, he was not hurt very much and there was no blood. She lifted Brock back up to his feet and checked him over. "Owie." Brock said. "Where's your owie, bubs?" She asked him, as she looked but couldn't quite see what she was looking for. "Owie." Brock repeated, as he brushed his hands off. His hands took most of the fall as they were the first things to hit the ground. Brianna then took a look at Brock's hands. There didn't seem to be any blood on them either, however, it must've been the impact of the fall. 

"It's okay, Brock. Mommy will kiss your owie better." She told him, as she planted two small kisses on his hands. Brock soon smiled at this as he wrapped his arms around his mommy. "Tank-oo!" Brock said to her as he did this. "You're welcome." Brianna smiled back at her little boy. 

She decided that to save Brock from tripping over, that she'd carry him over to the rings instead. Zak was waited there patiently. "Want daddy to help you on the rings, Brock?" He asked his son. Brock nodded slightly as Brianna passed Brock over to Zak. 

"Alright, place one of your hands on this ring and the other one on this ring." Zak told Brock, who did so. He was a little confused to begin with but soon got the idea with the help of his daddy. Zak was holding Brock so that he couldn't fall. "Now let's try swinging-" He continued, as he held onto his little boy and carefully swung him back and forth. Brock giggled as he did so. 

"Bri, I want to see whether Brock can hold his own weight." Zak began. He wanted to see whether Brock was able to hold onto the rings and dangle by himself. "I really don't think that's a good idea, I don't want him falling and getting hurt." Brianna replied, worriedly. She was being cautious. "If he lets go, I promise that I will catch him." Zak replied, reassuring his wife that he wasn't going to let Brock fall. "Well, okay, I guess we can." Brianna finally agreed, however, she was still worried that Brock was going to fall. 

"Brock, daddy needs you to hold onto the rings really tight, okay?" Zak told his small son. "-kay, daddy." He replied, as Zak helped him back onto the rings and waited till Brock was holding on properly. He then slowly let go of Brock and allowed him to dangle by himself. Surprisingly, the little boy could hold his own weight and wasn't too aware of the fact that his daddy had let go. Soon, however, Brock's grip started to loosen. He let go but was caught immediately by his daddy. Brianna sighed in relief. 

"Good job, Brock!" Zak smiled as he praised his son and threw him into the air. Brock clapped his hands as Zak did so. 

"Now, let's try this. Put your hand on that one and your other hand on his one-" Zak began as he showed Brock what he meant. "We're going to see whether you can swing from one to the other, however, I'm going to hold onto you while you do so so all you need to do is move your hands from one to the other- and I'll help you, okay?" Brock nodded in response to this. Although he wasn't 100% sure what his daddy meant by this, he nodded anyway as he knew that he was about to be shown.

"Okay so let go of the ring that your right hand is holding." Zak instructed to his little boy who then did so. "Now swing and reach for the one a little bit further away, so over there." He continued, as he pointed to the ring behind the one that he had just let go of. Because Brock wasn't getting the whole idea of swinging on his own yet, Zak decided to help him by moving Brock's body slightly so that he could reach for the ring. "Good job! Now, do the same with your left hand, let go of that ring and reach for the one behind it." He instructed. Brock understood what his daddy was saying and was soon able to reach for the rings like he had been told to. However, he was going to have to be a little older until he could swing as he reached for the rings.

"It's getting late, do you think we should go home?" Brianna asked Zak as she looked at her phone. As soon as this was said, Brock let out a huge yawn before rubbing his eyes. "Well, I think our answer is right there." He chuckled, as the two walked back to the car. Except Brock, he was carried.