💞 Pain 💞

Context: Simeon and you are in love. One thing stands in the way of this though, and that's the clear difference in your lifespan. Simeon witnesses your death numerous times. How many more times can he take before he breaks. . .?

Request made by: AishiWrites

Caution: This chapter deals with old age and death. Please read with this in mind x.

💞

(M|n) wouldn't budge from the edge of Simeon's bed. He had a huge frown on his lips as he cuddled one of Simeon's stuffed bears close to his chest.

Simeon sat opposite him with an amused expression. He would truly miss (M|n). . . He didn't expect the exchange programme to be such an enriching experience. Not only had he developed a proper understanding of the Devildom, he also met someone who was truly irreplaceable. Sadly, this person who'd grown so important to him was a human.

"(M|n), we have to get going soon." Simeon murmured.

"I know. . . But I don't want to leave. I wanna stay here with you." (M|n) complained as he clutched the plush a little tighter.

Simeon's heart felt warmth at hearing (M|n)'s words. It was nice to know that his feelings were reciprocated. The angel feared about his developing feelings because he could never truly tell how (M|n) felt about him.

Lately though, it was evident from (M|n)'s behaviour that he held similar feelings as him. Simeon didn't want to express his love out loud just yet because at the moment, he was unsure of how much free time he'd have available to him once he returned to the Celestial Realm. He had duties that he needed to attend to as an angel and he couldn't neglect them in order to be with (M|n). . .

Simeon rose from his chair and walked over to (M|n) who wasn't looking at him. He could tell that he was close to tears. He really didn't want to leave him. . .

"(M|n), look at me." Simeon asked gently. (M|n) let out a shaky breath before obeying. He slowly turned his eyes onto Simeon. Simeon's eyes softened.

He cupped (M|n)'s cheek. "I know it's hard for you, but don't be too sad. I won't be going away forever and neither will you. We will just need to spend a little time apart but only until I can figure out how and when I can visit you." (M|n) gave him a sad smile.

"I-I'll try." Simeon was originally going to try and encourage (M|n) to head back to the House of Lamentation with him around this time but he didn't want to head out with him until he felt completely better. And so, he decided a little bit more time together wouldn't hurt.

He gently cupped the back of (M|n)'s head and pressed his face against his abdomen. "If you want to cry to help let it all out, go ahead. I won't look."

💞 (M|n)'s POV 💞

(M|n) had been holding in his tears the entire time but the moment Simeon performed this kind gesture, he could feel the tears spill out.

He knew that him crying was such an overreaction to what was happening right now but he couldn't help it. Over the course of the year long exchange (M|n) grew very close to Simeon. He got used to being able to see him every single day.

Now, he wouldn't know when they'd see each other next. Simeon was one of the few important people in his life. He honestly didn't know what he was going to do without Simeon. They were probably going to only spend a small time apart but he knew it would feel like ages.

(M|n) let out small sniffles as he burrowed against Simeon. He didn't need to be so sad. . . They would see each other again.

💞