🥰 Piano 🥰

Context: You've always been quiet and kept to yourself. One day, you decide to practice piano as you always do because you thought you were alone. Little did you know that someone would hear you playing and singing. . .

Request made by: sad_buddy

🥰

(M|n) listened to music through his DevilPods as he worked on an assignment in his potions lesson. There was chaos going on in the classroom since the teacher had stepped out but he couldn't care less about what was going on or what the others were doing.

He would rather focus on getting this work done and then head back to the House of Lamentation since he didn't have anymore classes after this.

As he worked, he pondered upon how many months it had been since he was brought to the Devildom. Maybe six. . .? Time had gone by so fast.

He was still as he was when he first arrived. Quiet, reserved and he always kept to himself. He didn't like to talk much, and preferred working alone and being by himself.

This meant his interactions with the demon brothers were very minimal. Most of the time, they talked to him or he did to them if either of the parties needed something from each other. Apart from that, (M|n) just put his energy into just getting through this year long exchange programme that he was non-consensually thrust into.

A small part of (M|n) did feel bad for keeping the brothers and the other exchange students at a distance from himself but he couldn't help but do this. He had grown used to such behaviour after moving around so much back when he was younger. He found making connections meant nothing because soon enough they'd be cut off and he'd lose touch with those he grew close to because he could barely see them with how much he moved.

His parents finally settled but by that time, (M|n) had gone past his teens without any true friends. He began to isolate himself and soon realised that it was difficult for him to talk to others if it was for anything other than what they both needed.

(M|n) couldn't break out of this habit, and so it affected his relationships with others even now. (M|n) himself thought he preferred to be on his lonesome. He didn't know why, but despite the mundane life he had been leading back in the human world, he still missed home. . .

He just had to wait a year with these strangers, and then he'd be back home, working 24/7, and avoiding people like the plague.

(M|n) sighed softly to himself as his pen hit the paper but was jogged by someone tossing a paper airplane at him. He glanced up for only a moment, but quickly averted his eyes when he almost made eye contact with one of the demons. Whenever possible, he opted to avoid small-talk with everyone. It would be better this way. . .

(M|n) always seemed sad too as well as distant. Anyone who'd interacted with him a fair amount of times could instantly tell. They definitely wondered what it was that made him frown nonstop.

In truth, (M|n) could not really see any colour in life. He barely enjoyed things nor was he good at anything. He was average. His life was average. This lack of enthusiasm for life made him always seem like a sad person. He was just going through the motions, waiting to see if one day, something would come and sweep him off of his feet.

He didn't think that what he was lacking was the relationship of others. Deep down, he didn't want to form them with anyone because he feared that he would not be enough or they would get sick of his supposed lack of personality and leave him all alone.

(M|n) didn't let that momentary jog stop him from working. He continued as if nothing had occurred. He was about to finish what he was doing when a finger tapped him gently on the shoulder.