💜 Forbidden 💜

Context: You are an angel whereas Belphegor is a demon. A law in the Devildom prevents the two of you from even interacting, but will that stop you two. . .?

Request made by: cielhyakuyal1

💜

(M|n) knew that this wasn't at all where he was meant to be right now. If he were caught in this very moment, his life right now as he knew it would come to an abrupt end. However, his curiosity was the thing that continued to spur him on.

He had recently listened in on a bunch of gossiping angels as he'd been practicing for choir. That was his role as an angel in the Celestial Realm. He was one of the few, rare angels who had a very charming and alluring voice which calmed down and relaxed other angels around him. When it was discovered that he could sing with such grace, he was immediately told that his role in the Celestial Realm was to be in the angelic choir, who sang from time to time to keep the atmosphere in the Celestia Realm tranquil and peaceful.

As he'd been reading through what he would be singing later on in the day, he noticed that there was a group of angels gathered close-by the room he was in. He wanted to know what they were discussing so he soundlessly moved closer.

He ended up finding out about the new rules that had been put into place after the recent war. No angel or demon were allowed to communicate with each other anymore or roam at the border of their two worlds like they used to. Any signs that someone had been there, or if anyone, be it angel or demon, was seen there, they would be immediately executed.

(M|n) was slightly irritated by this new rule. After all, that was his favourite spot to paint. Sure, he wasn't good at it, but painting random brush strokes on a crumpled notepad whilst sitting close to the borders of the Celestial Realm and the Devildom was a nice pastime. He loved to see the contrast between their own world and the Devildom's as he haphazardly painted.

He had debated internally whether he should just give up the spot he always went to because he didn't want to be executed on the spot, but at the same time, he felt stubborn about just not going back there. It was a place he really loved. . .

And all he had to do to ensure that he wasn't caught. He could do that, surely. . .? That thought alone led him to where he was right now. His eyes were vigilant as he entered the area. He was surprised to see that despite the new rules, there was no one actually guarding the border. He began to ponder, was the new rules and warnings so severe that they assumed no one would actually go against them. . .?

Despite the clear fact that this place was unguarded, (M|n) still had his guard up. He held his notebook and small watercolour palette close to his chest as he ventured out further and further. . . Until he reached the border, where the different worlds split. (M|n) loved to gaze at the partition. It was extremely beautiful. It was so odd to see how the Celestial Realm was always so bright whereas the Devildom was forever dark.

(M|n) stopped in his tracks. He looked around, trying to find his favourite tree that he usually climbed up onto so he could relax. That was when he became aware of the fact that he was not the only one who'd decided to come here. . . An unfamiliar person was sat a few metres opposite him. He was on the other side of the border. Was this. . . A demon. . .? (M|n) had never seen one before. He was in awe and shock. He didn't know how to approach the other. And so, he just stood there, staring intently.

(M|n) didn't realise just how long he'd been staring for. Not until the demon looked up and locked eyes with him. As (M|n) gazed into the stranger's eyes, he could discern multiple different emotions playing out in his beautiful pink-purplish irises.

The demon was the first to break the stare, immediately turning his eyes back onto the darkened grass he was sitting cross-legged on. He didn't make a move over to him nor did he try and pursue a conversation. He just. . . Sat there in silence.